I have kicked the BBC habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have kicked the BBC habit

Bear with me here. I don't sleep well. I used to wake up at 1AM to get my BBC fix on NPR. I would listen to them for hours and was enthralled with the international perspective. I'm over that now. I know that Africa is going to hell in a hand basket. Cricket sucks. Soccer sucks. Tony Blair sucks. And I have come to the realization that the world will suck whether I am awake or asleep. So from now on, my radio doesn't go on any earlier that 6AM. :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by fett View Post
    Bear with me here. I don't sleep well. I used to wake up at 1AM to get my BBC fix on NPR. I would listen to them for hours and was enthralled with the international perspective. I'm over that now. I know that Africa is going to hell in a hand basket. Cricket sucks. Soccer sucks. Tony Blair sucks. And I have come to the realization that the world will suck whether I am awake or asleep. So from now on, my radio doesn't go on any earlier that 6AM. :ROTF: :ROTF:
    wow, Im on my way to work by 06:00 daily....

Is there anything to watch on the BBC besides Soccer, tony blair, and who's line is it anyway?
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

This is west coast time. It's 1AM here and 4AM where you are. It's BBC international radio on NPR. Anything you want to know about Africa? I laugh, but it really sucks. Talk about a "Lost Continent"

Comment

Man, I live in NY so I'm jealous of you dude. I get cricket highlights, not whole games! Half the time I have to go online to see how Pakistan, The West Indies and Australia are doing. Oh, and don't get me started on the lack of soccer over here, as a kid I never miussed a Manchester United game and now, I hardly ever catch em.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

About the only flash that I got from BBC is when Steve Irwin was killed. They did do a good job on the Lebanon thing. I know all I ever want to know about Pakistan throwing spitballs. And soccer is corrupt. This is BBC radio. It really is good stuff but I have to get back into a decent sleep mode. AKA, known as staying up until, at least, 9PM.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I was wondering what you had against Big Block Chevies...
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Cricket sucks. Soccer sucks. Tony Blair sucks.
              Shit, Fett, you didn't need to stay up listening to the Beeb to find that out. You should have just PM'd me, I'd have told you that!

Comment

You reminded me, i have to pay my TV licence at the end of the month and i barely watch BBC.

Comment

I used to hear bbc world service all them time when coming home from working as a bartender.

The thing that always struck me as weird was the vocal rythm used by the news announcers. They give a brief description of the top stories, then go into more depth on the stories. The pause between the top headlines and the first in depth story was short to non-existant. It always took me few seconds to realize they switched topics on me.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

BBC is great for news. They have no real political agenda here and their news is fairly unbiased.

Comment

Just not at 1AM.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                        BBC is great for news. They have no real political agenda here and their news is fairly unbiased.

Comment

BBC is the best news you will see on TV. Most BBC programmes are worth a watch aswel, my favourite being Top Gear (get well soon hammond!!).
                          bbc.co.uk is the first website i check whenever i go online, loads of up to date accurate stuff on there.
                          If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

BBC= Blair Broadcasting Company

blair has lied through his teeth,maufactoring jobs are going down the pan like the clappers and he is taxing us all to death for immoral wars and sponging layabouts who breed children like fucking sewer rats and live off state benafits

but for too long the BBC and most media outlets have spun his untrue side of the story.Politics is so fake these days,now the media do their lip talk

good example is every morning i hear what Mr blair will say or that fucking one eyed thief Bown will say later in the day..why dont the medai tell us what they fucking say after they fucking say it!lol
                            the reason is focus groups work with the media and see what the public responce is to what will be said later

if its bad then they fucking say something else.lol

i say KILL all of them-there all the same-they just see us as taxable cattle!thats all most of us are,walking money

Comment

We, here in the Colonies, don't get a lot about of local Brit news. They stay away from the local stuff unless it has international implications or relevance. Not only that, but it is a trip to hear them misprononse (sp ) words. "Segdeual"

Comment

Working...
                              X