Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonforce - NYC, Sept 29

Did anyone go?

I did, and had a blast. The playing wasnt exactly tight, but the energy was quite awesome. When the guys have some fans blowing air *JUST* to make their hair fly around, and a guy running around on Keytar, you know you saw something uber cheesey yet great.

I figured they didn't take themselves too seriously when the second guitarist downed a beer in the video while the first guy was doing his solo! They are bound to get better the more they play, and it's nice to see a little more shred on these shores even if they might be a little sloppy sometimes. Hell, Laiho was sloppy on some of the COB dates, they are probably cutting loose and partying on tour. Get a few alcohol drinks in you and things loosen up.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by illumina View Post
      Did anyone go?

I did, and had a blast. The playing wasnt exactly tight, but the energy was quite awesome. When the guys have some fans blowing air *JUST* to make their hair fly around, and a guy running around on Keytar, you know you saw something uber cheesey yet great.
      I saw them in Atlanta. I am a Dragonforce fan, but after 30 minutes I was ready for the show to end. Wasn't the Keytar a Blooddrip or Bloodsplatter finish?

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

yes it was. it was quite amusing.

Weird thing is, for a relatively obscure band, there were QUITE a few attractive ladies @ the show. Must be because its NYC. Typically its a different kind of crowd i spose.

Comment

Did you guys see Horse the Band as well, what about All that Remains? Those bands are amazing. I believe they are all touring right now.

Comment

I seem them 2 or 3 times now. I enjoy the first half an hour but after that you get pissed off with listening to the same 3minute solo for everysong and you want to get back to the sing along. I thought its cool seeing someone play electric drums aswel, you can see more of their technique.
            If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

I got there late, so i missed both of them. I wanted to see Horse.

The drummer was using a real kit at the NYC show.

Comment

My ex-bass player is in Horse the Band. I work on their guitars too. If you read the liner notes to The Mechanical Hand, my name is last on the thanks list.

Comment

Working...
                X