Can someone offer help w/ recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone offer help w/ recording?

I'd like to be able to make some of my own recordings but I have only limited experience recording with my J-Station. I'd like to be able to mic my amps and record those instead of using something like the J-Station, POD, or similiar.

However, I have no clue on what I need to get started. I've heard people find the Sure SM57 mic good for recording instruments but would a condensor(sp?) mic be better if I wanted to attempt to lay down some vocals as well? What about software? I've got a soundblaster card on my 'puter and I've heard some decent recordings w/ this audio card. I've also got an umm "copy" of cakewalk Guitar tracks 2.0, but I don't really know how to use it very well.

Basically, I'm not wanting studio quality. I just want to have some fun and be able to transer the sound of my amps (which are quite good. Stiletto and Engl fireball). I think it would be a nice avenue to help improve my playing as well.

I'd appreciate any help if someone can give me some info on some starter tips!

THANKS!!

Thrust...go to the MP3 section here and check out Newc's guides to PC recording...some good basic info that you looking for.

In a nutshell you'll need a mic, mic preamp, audio card for your PC (can use existing one if ya want) and a recording app. I use Sonar at my home studio

yes the sm-57 is good for both micing a cab and a vocal mic
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey, I appreciate the link info. I always seem to overlook these things

Comment

[edit]nothing to see here, sorry
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X