Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the biggest/most important gig you've played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inazone
    One thing that has helped me retain my sanity as founder/songwriter/manager (and sometimes guitarist) is to book what I call "gigs of opportunity" or shows that we can basically just fall into. Rather than drive myself crazy trying to book shows at various clubs and arrange for other bands to participate, I put my name in the proverbial hat when promoters are lining up national acts, festivals, or all-local shows with compatible bands. My bandmates are great guys, but they don't put much time into the behind-the-scenes aspects of maintaining a band, so I try to get in good with the powers that be.
    Do they have agents out there? We just hooked up with a good one in Philly, so we really don't have to book anything. Just let them know when we AREN'T available.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Opened for The Ramones a few times in the late 70's which was a blast! We sucked, but The Ramones didn't care and we had a lot of fun. One of the guys in my band was a hot dog seller at Yankee Stadium, and he used to see Johnny all the time, and that's how we got hooked up. We didn't actually suck that bad considering it was punk in the 70's, but by today's standards we were pretty.....sucky.
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Blackwood???? Do you know any of the guys who used to play in Monster Island???
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
        X