Ever get stuck playing one guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get stuck playing one guitar?

Ever since I got my Model 6 like 5 months ago, I really havent been able to put it down. I love everything about this guitar... its perfect... I even love the stock pickups and refuse to swap 'em out. I used to play all my guitars, but now I really havent touched them other than the custom Rhoads I built not too long ago.

Anyone else ever get stuck on one guitar?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

I think everyone plays favorites sometimes. This week I just cleaned up my worst guitar I own which is a Les Paul Studio I put an EMG Zakk Wylde set in and haven't stopped playing it since. I've had this guitar since 1998 and it still plays amazingly well! I primarily held onto it for sentimental reasons as my dad bought it for me but I really enjoy playing it.

Comment

yeah, i hear ya. although, im not sure that 5 or 6 months really constitutes as "stuck". if its been a matter of years, then your all kinds of stuck.
      you might be able to call this one a matter of "new hotness" syndrome.

Comment

yup! been playing my fusion custom non stop lately, completely ignoring my rhoadses

Comment

I'm with ya Rob...but I won't talk about my newest "stuck on" guitar again. I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing about it!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I agree.......since I got my Model 2 and replaced the pickup with an EMG 81, I play it all the time. I've almost forgotten about my other 12 guitars!
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

In the time I've been waiting for 2 Custom Warriors, I've grown more and more fond of my NASL. Lately though I've been trying to get myself into a "Warrior Mood" by spending more time with The Halford

It's working, so hopefully I'll be good and stoked by next week when the first one gets here
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, I have 5 guitars but only ever play one, my wolfgang, which I havn't been able to put down after two years!

Comment

I always play my N4. Every once in awhile I'll pull another guitar out, but I always go back...must be true love.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I try to play other guitars, but my Xaviere just has magic to it. It's not that it plays particularly better than any of my other guitars. They all play well, or I wouldn't keep them. The Xaviere just sounds unbelievable. It's got an unbelievable low-mid grind to it that sounds like nothing else.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I just got out of that. I had my Mod 6 sitting out. I just love the neck on it. I recently took my Fender Strat back out and have been playng that one now. But I'll still pick up the Mod 6 now and then.
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

My old Kramer Baretta is all smeggy and beat to shit, and sounds a bit "thin" compared to other guitars I've owned. But it's soooo comfy and plays wonderfully.
                        But I decided that I should have a more versatile and better-sounding guitar, so I traded my Strat against a Music Man Silhouette. It's great - beautifully put together, sounds amazing......and spends most of the time in it's case, while I continue to abuse the Baretta.
                        I've got a Carvin in a case around here somewhere.....

Comment

My Fender Katana has gotten the most playtime in the past half year. It's not the best quality axe I own, but it just plays, sounds and looks awesome.
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I'm that way with my PC1... I try and play the others, but I always end up with my PC1.
                            -Rick

Comment

not for me. All of my other guitars get jealous of I spend too much time with only one of them. I make an effort to spread the love around and play them all...
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X