• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta college students' freeway experiment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...745475&q=speed

They formed a "car chain" across the freeway going 55MPH and filmed it

Crazy, A-holes, or Social commentary?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Just plain stupid. I do that shit all the time on a personal basis. I take my time on the road. I go the speed limit. Leave a big gap between cars and firmly believe that all other drivers are idiots. But, I do that in a safe manner. To have a caravan of cars deliberately messing up the traffic flow is dangerous, stupid and potentially deadly.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Proves a point... 55 MPH is too slow.
      And yea... I like to go real slow when some prick gets on my ass when I'm already doing 80 in a 65.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
        Proves a point... 55 MPH is too slow.
        And yea... I like to go real slow when some prick gets on my ass when I'm already doing 80 in a 65.
        You live in AZ. :ROTF: :ROTF: It's a straight away.

Comment

In Washington if you are holding up / effecting the flow of traffic negatively you legally have to pull over and let other drivers pass.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
            You live in AZ. :ROTF: :ROTF: It's a straight away.
            20 years ago maybe... it's getting like LA around here.
            Freeways every frikkin where and all the retards from Cali moving here with their piss poor driving skills. They drive mach 2 in the fast lane and then try and exit crossing 3 lanes of traffic and barely catching the off ramp.

The assholes also blow more red lights then anyone I know.
            One of these days I'm gonna get enough signatures together to make red light running in Phoenix a felony. It's either attempted manslaughter or 2nd degree murder (depraved indifference) in my book. My wife has been clipped by one of those asshats and we both have had way too many close calls for my comfort level.

I can always tell a motorcycle rider from Cali too... they try and shoot traffic when the freeway gets busy... a major no no in AZ. BIG ticket.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
              The assholes also blow more red lights then anyone I know.
              l.

I beg to differ. Up here, these assholes run red lights like they were yellow. I do a two count before I leave the line. It's really insane. They just blow the lights full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

Crazy, A-holes, or Social commentary?
                Yes.
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

+1

Comment

I live here and I have been driving the highways around atlanta for 30 years.
                    On any interstate around here the speed limit is "as fast as you can go"
                    On 285 the perimeter 80 plus is normal and has been
                    I cover about 30 miles of I75 two times a day and at 80 or 85 you will be running with most traffic.
                    I am all the time hitting the speed limiter on my S-10 around 96 to 98 mph and yes I teach the meaning of "Bump Drafting" if your in the fast lane doing 65 get the hell over or if your afraid get the hell off
                    But thats the way its done here and has been that way for years.

Comment

You gots to go with the flow. It's a liitle slower where I live. We got Interstate 5, the spine of the westcoast, and the State Patrol don't put up with that. 70 MAX.

Comment

This pushed one of my pet peeve buttons.

Maybe that stunt was a crazy, a-hole thing to do, but the bottom line is that those kids are right. As they are now, speed limits are just a revenue generating mechanism for state and local governments. We'd all be safer if the speed limit was both realistic AND consistently enforced.
                        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

The traffic here is differant than most places I've been.
                          I think the cops stay off the highways here at certian times of the day because of the mess it would make if they were trying to pull over speeders.
                          I was running I-285 back when it was just 2 lanes in each direction and now it's 6 or 8 and bumper to bumper the better part of the day.
                          I remember driving a 2 and 1/2 ton truck to Washington DC once on a delivery for the company I worked for (this was in 77 or 78) and being freked out at the rush hour traffic on the highway.
                          6 or 8 lanes running 60 to 70 mile per hour and about 6 feet between each car and me in that tank.
                          It's like that here now, wide open and balls to the wall.

My parents just got back from a 3 week driving trip thru and around Washington state and Oregon and they said traffis there was way better than here and that people were way more curtious.
                          They told me about the more than 3 car rule out there, boy could we use that here:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT
                            My parents just got back from a 3 week driving trip thru and around Washington state and Oregon and they said traffis there was way better than here and that people were way more curtious.
                            They told me about the more than 3 car rule out there, boy could we use that here:ROTF:
                            It's all good up here in Washoutton until it rains.:ROTF: Fukking crashes everywhere. Like they forgot it rains up here a lot.

Comment

It's bben done before.Some guys up here did it. One of them got ticketed for 15 over the limit, so they were doing it to make a point. Guess what happened? The cops pulled them over and ticketed them for obstructing traffic.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X