Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail from East Coast to West Coast

Hey there,
    Does anyone have any idea how long a postal letter takes to get from Maryland to California? I sent a money order to a fellow in CA on September 7th, a Thursday, and I sent it with Certified Mail, which means the recipient's signature is required as confirmation that the letter was delivered. I have a number to check the USPS website for information when the letter is delivered; I haven't heard anything from the fellow in CA, nor does the website show anything regarding the letter yet. It's been about a week and a half, how long does mail take to get across the country?

Cheers,
    Nick

Shroll way down. Once it hits the PO it's treated like ordinary mail. http://adminrecords.ucsd.edu/ppm/docs/553-3.html In other words, the dude may already have your money. Was a Postal MO? I have gone through this and it ain't no fun.
    Last edited by fett; 09-18-2006, 03:27 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

shouldn't take more than 5 days.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah, it was a postal money order because the bank wanted to charge me 5 bucks to get one. How could the dude already have my money, though, if the deliverer is required to get his signature upon delivery, and I'm supposed to get notification when that happens?

Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

Based on that site. Did you pay the extra 50 cents for a delivery comfirmation? I may be way wrong on this. But there is no way that letter should not have already been delivered. And then you have to specify "Return receipt requested" I hope this isn't heading to what happened to me.
          Last edited by fett; 09-18-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

With Certified Mail™ you can be sure your article arrived at its destination with access to online delivery information. When you use Certified Mail, you receive a receipt stamped with the date of mailing. A unique article number allows you to verify delivery online. As an additional security feature, the recipient’s signature is obtained at the time of delivery and a record is maintained by the Post Office™. For an additional fee, you can request a copy of the signature record before or after delivery with Return Receipt.

This is from the USPS website, and what was spoken to me by the post office staff when I discussed it with them. So I should be able to put in my receipt number, get a verification of delivery online, and also request a copy of the signature if I need it later. I also can't get ahold of a real fucking person at the USPS...all I get are automated voices, regardless of what phone number I call, regardless of whether it says that the phone number will connect with with a real customer service agent.

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

All right, so I lied to the automated machine enough that it said it didn't understand what I was inputing, and finally connected me to a real person, who said there's no record of the MO being mailed at all...and referred me to my local post office to find out why, if I have a receipt of mailing, is there no record of the MO. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
              Nick

Comment

Yikes You have your receipts and that's good. As for the rest...............
                Last edited by fett; 09-18-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X