X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson signs with PRIDE

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/ind...ws&news_id=814

MMA fans?

I personally believe he'll take some beatings. He's WAY past his prime to face some of the best the MMA world has to offer. Then again, if he can land that "one" punch. . .

**edit: funny Tyson moments**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOE_9E8bpI

I actually feel kinda sorry for him. He had the potential to be the best boxer ever and has now almost become a self parody.
    Last edited by Thrust; 08-31-2006, 09:49 AM.

I agree, he's gonna get his ass whooped unless he does gets a good shot in. Then it's light's out!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

" if he can land that "one" punch. ."

Yeah, just like Buster Douglas did when he knocked Mike the fuck out!

when Mike was in his prime..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tyson's gonna get pummelled.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Mike was on the road to solidify himself as the undisputed greatest of all time till Don King got ahold of him. He left his trainers and it all went down hill.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
            Tyson's gonna get pummelled.
            Man, I hope so!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tyson was always hype. He was never going to be the greatest anything. He always fought soft opponents, and never faced the best of his blubberweight division. He is only considered great by casual boxing fans............

Comment

He's going DOWN.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Tyson in MMA? Good God. I'm no Tyson fan, but I think that would be hard to watch.

Imagine what somebody like Bas Rutten would do to him. It wouldn't be pretty.

Comment

It will be well worth the $40 for the pay per view. I can't wait.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2
                      Tyson was always hype. He was never going to be the greatest anything. He always fought soft opponents, and never faced the best of his blubberweight division. He is only considered great by casual boxing fans............
                      Really? Interesting.

Care to elaborate on this?

Just curious.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I also think he'll get his ass kicked pretty good. Typically if you only exceed in one element, in this case...boxing your out once you hit the ground.

I havent followed a lot of UFC and Pride Fighting but I was into the UFC when they first started. Noting cooler than seeing big, strong a shit & a self claimed bad ass get his ass kicked because he can't fight on the ground.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Is biting allowed? If so, my money is on Tyson.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I agree though. He might stand a chance if he gets to use a bit of boxing, once it's MMA and he's down on the floor though, he's in for the smacking of a lifetime.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                              Really? Interesting.

Care to elaborate on this?

Just curious.

Mike
                              Sure. For starters he was a paper champion for most of his reign, but he was the linear champ for a short period. If he was as great as his fans claim he would have been the linear champ for a long time, and defended the linear championship many times. Joe Louis was a great champion, Mike Tyson was not. He couldnt hold Joe's jock strap..........

He never faced the best fighters of his era. He dodged them like crazy. Instead he fought a bunch of chumps lines up ready for the picking. Joe Louis fought everyone. He couldnt hold Joe's jock strap..........

All his fans point to his 2 battles with Razor Ruddock as to how great he was in those battles. When Razor was fed to The Lion and The Duke, they both knocked Razor out easily. Styles make fights, but when 2 guys of different styles fight a guy with no style, and they easily knock him out, you have to ask why Tyson had so much trouble with this guy eventhough Razor fought one of the battles with Tyson having a broken jaw. Joe Louis had real battles. He couldnt hold Joe's jock strap..............

I think I can go on and on, but its pointless. When you call someone a great, you have to compare them with other greats, not against your average schmoo. Tyson wasnt a bad fighter, he was just never a great one. Sorry to use Joe's jockstrap too much, but when I look at Tyson's carreer and Joe's carreer, its like night and day. Joe Louis was a great champion, Tyson was great marketing. They both have so much in common too, but greatness isnt one of those things..........

Comment

Working...
                              X