UPS finally let me down..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS finally let me down..

I gave up on fedex after they broke 3 necks for me, now UPS has gone and lost a damn Explorer of mine how in the hell can they loose such a massive package???

to top it all off it was a 1 of a kind prototype that was never mass produced.. I'm hoping they find it but I am not holding my nuts on it..

It's been over 2 weeks & I am still dumbfounded I mean the case alone on the s.o.b. is comparable to a kelly or rr case massive...
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

They lost it? I'd be more willing to believe someone "found it".

That definitely sucks though. Hope you have insurance on it.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

yeah I insured the piss out of it as always but still PROTOTYPE GONE

breaks my cold black heart....
      “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Man, I just don't get why guys use UPS anymore. Granted, I've never had a problem with FedEx like some of you but dang, they don't have all the BS rep that UPS does. I've used DHL successfully also.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've recently discovered DHL, and will never use anything else. I have an actual DHL Express shipping center two miles from my house. And, it costs like $15 to ship a guitar using their ground service. The two guitars that I've shipped actually made it in two days, where UPS and FedEx would have been three days. The people are very nice as well.
          Hope they find your Explorer!

Comment

I was watching the UPS guy yesterday while working in the yard. He took the package which was probably half the size of a shoe box, dropped/threw it on the doorstep at a neighbor's house, rang the doorbell, and left...

Sure hope it was the right house.
            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

There are 3 words in shipping stuff; packaging, packaging, packaging. Then it is left up to the shippers to get it there. That is the crux of the matter. With the advent of E-Bay and all the other web sites, there is more shit flying around than ever. There are more opportunities for items to be lost, AKA stolen. But as a packer of stuff to be sent, I know you can't pack it well enough. I have come to the conclusion that I will have a percentage of deals that won't be completed. There are just too many people between me and the other guy. It's a lot like getting you baggage stolen or pilfered at the airport. It's the price we pay for not just going to the store to buy stuff. Carry-on on airplanes is the way to go as long as you are naked and not chewing gum.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                Carry-on on airplanes is the way to go as long as you are naked and not chewing gum.
                From what I understand, you cannot even do that now. At least not coming out of San Francisco Airport.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                  From what I understand, you cannot even do that now. At least not coming out of San Francisco Airport.

-Nate
                  I am not going anywhere unless I drive. I wanted to take Amtrack down the westcoast to see my son. I heard on NPR that Union Pacific, who owns the rails, have caused 6 hour delays for trains to LA. And that is not a security issue. The flight from WA to Oakland is less than 2 hours. The hassle just to get to the plane is not worth it. The terrorists "WIN". Just the notion, UK, that something is in the works is enough to grind air travel to a point where people will stop flying. It's just not a killing war, it's an economic war. And that really hurts. Corporations, that is.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Getting the insurance check from UPS is an experience in its self, I sold a guitar to fellow JCFer a while ago for about a grand, UPS left in his yard and it got ripped off, first they did a 2 week "search" to try and find it, then they evaluated the claim, 2 more weeks, sent a claim form to me to fill out, evaluated it 2 more weeks, required proof of value, what they are after is the price you paid for the guitar and not what you sold it for, cuz in their eyes you are not able to collect on any profit, then another revue, they finally say they'll pay up, and a couple weeks later you get a check, and this was an undisputed claim. its all up to the shipper to get the buyer his money back, good luck
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                    X