fruit allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fruit allergies

Any one else have an allergic reaction to fruit?

For years now i haven't eaten fruit because my mouth becomes irritated and my lips and gums feel like they're swelling. Though i can drink fruit juice just fine.

Any one else have this?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

I'm allergic to Mango.. really bad.

I have some other allergies, but mango is the only fruit related one.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

It may not be the fruit it could be something that is on the fruit. Try washing the fruit really well and see what the outcome it. Also when you say it feels like they swell, is there actual swelling or a sensation of swelling?

Comment

I work with a guy who is alergic to bananas. They make him sneeze really badly. Funny thing is, he doesn't give a shit and he eats them at least once a week. He just sits and sneezes all over the breakroom in between bites.

Comment

I can't eat apples unless they are cooked. The raw apples promote swelling of the mouth in general and my throat gets itchy. My brother is the same way.
          My Mom used to tell me, "it's all these darn chemicals they use these days". I don't know if it's true in my case or not, but I always have had a reaction to apples.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever
            I'm allergic to Mango.. really bad.

I have some other allergies, but mango is the only fruit related one.
            You aren't missing much. I hate Mangos.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212
              It may not be the fruit it could be something that is on the fruit. Try washing the fruit really well and see what the outcome it. Also when you say it feels like they swell, is there actual swelling or a sensation of swelling?
              I always used to wash fruit before eating it. When i mean swelling, i mean it feels like it is. My lips go wierd like i have a blister on them and it feels like something is lodged in my throat even though i know for deffinate nothings in there.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'm also allergic to bannanas. If I even eat half of one my ears start to hurt, and my throat swells up.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear

Matt
                  Yeah I know, the one I ate tasted terrible.

I'm also allergic to cashew nuts.. that's a bigger problem because I love those.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear

Matt

For the most part they are an acquired taste for sure.
                    There are a couple of mango species that are tasty. My luck.. at home we had a mango tree with the stringy texture, I just hated those fuckers.
                    Every day, in mango season, my mom will make me pick up no less than 200 of them and throw them away otherwise there will be flies all over God's creation.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Mangos are foul, but a fruit allergy would really suck. I sympathize with you guys who deal with that.

I'm lucky and don't have any allergies to speak of, though sometimes certain cats will make my face itch.

Bengal - go to an organic food store like Trader Joe's - apples there won't have any pesticides, steroids, or other bizzare and unhealthy enhancements designed to get orchards better yields. You might be OK with them, but I'd be careful!

Comment

that sucks, but I feel your pain I get migraines from certain foods, one being green peppers & I love green peppers, so whenever I eat them I have to premedicate or I will be hurting..

see a doctor about it modern medicine is a miracle..
                        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

i can't do raw apples, cherries, peaches, strawberries, or pears. canned versions or preserves are fine.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                          X