unlock code for cell phones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlock code for cell phones?

anyone got a unlock code for a PALM TREO 650? I really dont want to pay to have it unlocked it was supposed to be when i bought it. Long story short its going to be a real pain to send it back.

What carrier is it locked to?
    -Rick

Comment

The unlock code is typically the last 4 digits of your phone #. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr
        The unlock code is typically the last 4 digits of your phone #. Hope that helps.
        He's talking about the carrier lock.
        A "locked" phone is one that can only be used by a specific carrier, i.e Alltel, T-Mobile, etc.
        My V3 RAZR is "unlocked", so I can drop in a SIM card from any carrier and it will work.
        -Rick

Comment

Bring it to a shop in your local China/Korea/Japantown and it'll be taken care of in minutes.

Comment

This forum should be able to help. http://www.howardforums.com/index.php
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

cost me £10 to get my phone unlocked to all networks. if you get it done, make sure you don't break it. if it goes through any "official channels" and they find out you got it unlocked, they void your warranty. stupid this, because networks aren't actually permitted to lock the handsets at all. well, not in the uk anyway. humpfh!
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                if you get it done, make sure you don't break it. if it goes through any "official channels" and they find out you got it unlocked, they void your warranty.
                Not true.
                What will void your warranty is phone hacks that alter the firmware.
                Changing carrier settings (i.e., locks, branding, etc.) are considered soft changes and are meant to be changed.
                What it will void is your carrier supplied warranty or support.
                Manufacturer warranties are still intact.

And once your initial contract is up, or you pay the early termination fee, you officialy "own" the phone and have the right to have it unlocked.
                -Rick

Comment

Who is the carrier? If it is GSM based such as Cingular and T-mobile....it can be done. If it is CDMA based such as Alltel, VZW or Sprint......you may be out of luck. The older CDMA phones could be re-flashed to use on another CDMA's carrier, but, its harder to do anymore due to all the data features the phones have in them. Meaning, even if you can get it reflashed, it may make calls, but, web access and other data features may not work properly/at all. -Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

its a palm treo cingular GSM phone. I am trying to get around the flashing of teh firmware. Hoping for a backdoor.

Comment

ok i got no choice. got to pay for it. Thanks guys,.

Comment

I paid $4 online to get my Nokia 6170 from asia unlocked. They sent me the code about 3 seconds after I paid, and I unlocked it instantly.

Comment

Working...
                        X