• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bird afficianados?

This guy stops by regularly...

Comment

wow, nice!!!

I love birds
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

How about squirrels?...

Comment

Comment

dude where do you live?

squirrels are cool
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Cool!!

Comment

There is a fence outside my office at home that birds like to hang out on. There is a huge blue jay that comes around quite a bit. When he is out there I have caught myself ignoring what I was doing and just staring at him. I dont actively pursue it but bird watching is very relaxing. Next time he shows up I will try and snap some pics.

Comment

That top bird, my friend, is a Northern Cardinal.

And the bottom one is possibly a Tufted Titmouse.

Jeez, I'm sad, once upon a time the only birds I knew anything about had massive tits and corkscrew perms (yeah, nasty 80's chicks!!!)
                  Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-19-2006, 01:49 PM.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker
                    Titmouse.
                    You guys are way too young, but W.C. Fields used the line; "My little titmouse." Referring to a rather young lady.:ROTF: :ROTF: His movies are funny as hell, if you can find them on the tube.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Very cool Doug! Man, good photography too!
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

We had a nest over the back porch lamp.. this was one of the youngins

Comment

Here's a few more...

Comment

I have about 10 squirrels that know when I step out to smoke, I'm an easy target for handouts.
                            Unsalted peanuts in the shell, they love em. About 3 will eat from my hand, and only females will come within arms reach, all the males stay 10ft away and expect me to toss goodies to them.

It's so funny when they are nearby, If I swing my arm like throwing a ball for a dog, but the fake throw, they always stand up on hind legs tryin to see where it went. All it takes is a couple of fake tosses and they are on the patio expecting results.

Have a blue jay that knows this as well, and will watch me. If I toss one towards him, he'll fly down and take off with it.

Have a family of 4 racoons as well that are skittish but know that I give handouts.

Also have a couple of ducks that fly in every day for a period of 2months/yr to get some goodies.

Then I have a dam rooster that appeared out of nowhere that has adopted me and my handouts. Where I am at is the last place you would ever expect a chicken. Had 2, but one has mysteriously disappeared lol.

I gotta zoo in my backyard.

OK, well here's one buddy being photogenic.

Comment

Fett, my favourite is Abi Titmuss (I guess a derivative of Titmouse). I'm sure you can find pics of her if you tried, half-heartedly!

There's a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker in those last pics, a BlueJay and a Sparrow. And the Northern Cardinal again (bit of a poser, that one!)
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X