You Tube - I'll See The Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube - I'll See The Light

A vid I stumbled across of some guy fooling around with some old Yingyang track. Don't know what you guys think, but I reckon he does a good job on it, without sounding like a clone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y7Bb...elated&search=
    Hail yesterday

He's really good - it makes ya bloody sick don't it?
    When I was that guy's age I still wasn't sure which way round to hold a guitar. (In fact, I still need help with that sometimes...)

Comment

Makes me realise how bad I suck.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think the guy did a great job, and I also think he needs to wear his guitar a little higher

Just because you can't play Malmsteen licks doesn't mean you suck...

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
          Makes me realise how bad I suck.:ROTF:
          Aw c'mon, Scott, you say you suck, Toejam says he suck s...doesn't anybody in Jersey play good?

Naw, you guys have been playing for awhile, I bet you're at least "intermediate", eh? Got any Mp3s?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            ...doesn't anybody in Jersey play good?

I'm betting there are people in Jersey that play WELL.

Comment

..doesn't anybody in Jersey play good?
              When I was in Jersey I sucked, too. Changing location hasn't really helped, but at least I'm not in Jersey anymore.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                A vid I stumbled across of some guy fooling around with some old Yingyang track. Don't know what you guys think, but I reckon he does a good job on it, without sounding like a clone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y7Bb...elated&search=
                Look at that, he just walks up, casual and loose, straps the guitar on and proceeds to do some of the most bad-ass shredding I've seen in a while just like that.. I guess some are born to do it, and it makes me green with envy lol
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Aw c'mon, Scott, you say you suck, Toejam says he suck s...doesn't anybody in Jersey play good?

Naw, you guys have been playing for awhile, I bet you're at least "intermediate", eh? Got any Mp3s?
                  Let's put it this way, Ron. I consider myself a decent rhythm player. My guitar collection far exceeds my abilities. As far as Jersey guys go, JoeT is pretty good. Ivan kicks ass, Sambora ain't so bad either.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

He's pretty damn good but flicking the pup switch in annoying as hell. Zakk Wylde does that shit. I think it's a nervous habit.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

yah, does seem kind of odd. Effortless playing. Very clean too.

I still wanna see guys like that post original clips, not something already DONE, use your talent to break ground, not spend weeks/months learnign something someone else has already mastered!

Whats he gonna do, start and yngwie tribute band and get 10 people to his show!!

:p

Comment

Nope, I suck too.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                          As far as Jersey guys go, JoeT is pretty good.
                          Am I? LOL Thanks. I guess I am a pretty decent rhythm player. You didn't see me try to do any solos, though, did you?!? Ivan does kick ass, as well as Psycho Dave.
                          And maybe I should change my last name from Tamborra to Sambora and practice more!
                          :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think he's very good man!!

it's not true to form to the song..but fuggit..he's damn good!!

That dude just needs to do his own thing..he can, I would think.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                              Look at that, he just walks up, casual and loose, straps the guitar on and proceeds to do some of the most bad-ass shredding I've seen in a while just like that.. I guess some are born to do it, and it makes me green with envy lol
                              He made it look easy..but I tell ya.. many many hours of intense study and practice went into being able to play like that.. and to imitate his main influence.
                              Watch the 'rising force' video and the 'easy arpeggios' when he was 18 and you can see the development between the years. He's hispanic in GB? One vid show him doin the introduction in Spanish.

Kinda reminds me when I was that age.. only Yngwie was not a 'hit' until I was already in my 20's...my influences were different.

Comment

Working...
                              X