Daughter following in footsteps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter following in footsteps

She's been saving all her money for the guitar she wanted and today is the day she got it. A Gibson Hummingbird. Pics to come later. This is a beautiful guitar and I'm proud she saved so long for what she wanted.

Though she an accomplished piano player, she took up guitar 2 years ago and what she's accomplished in the 2 years, took me 7 or 8.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Very cool. The Hummingbirds are acoustics, right?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome!
      My daughter loves my guitars and loves to watch me play.
      I let her strum on my acoustic guitar and she just loves it.
      She's only 3 now, but I started playing when I was 4, so I'm hoping she wants to learn to play too.
      -Rick

Comment

Very cool.
        My daughter only knows how to play the radio.
        I'm hoping the grand baby now nearing 1 yr will be interested in it someday.
        Pappy will train and teach her right if and when that day comes.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          Right. And beautiful too.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's kick ass!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
              Right. And beautiful too.
              Yup!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah Joe, she got it up at Musicians Workshop on Rte 9 in Manalapan.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Yup!

That's it. Thanks Ron

I'll have to post some 'in action' pic later.

Comment

Cool deal. I picked out my Kramer from MW in '86 or '87 as my Christmas gift from my parents. They used to be down the road in the Marlboro Plaza for a long time. I still haven't been to the new store in Manalapan, and they've been there for quite awhile now. LOL
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful! I love Gibson acoustics. Congrats to her & to you as well. With all the distractions these days, it's tough raising kids to look ahead & save, not to mention having the discipline to learn to play piano & guitar.

Comment

I've got a grand daughter on the way I'll have to build her something.Hummm 1 hum and a floyd..........
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow! That's cool of her to spend her hard earned $ on a Gibby acoustic! I must ask though, how old is she?
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Cool deal. I picked out my Kramer from MW in '86 or '87 as my Christmas gift from my parents. They used to be down the road in the Marlboro Plaza for a long time. I still haven't been to the new store in Manalapan, and they've been there for quite awhile now. LOL
                            Very cool store Joe. Pretty big selection of Jackson and Charvel. More Jackson. I was noodling around with the Variax 5 or 600, with all the effects....................................too many .

Gotta check it out. Lots and lots of Les Pauls, Strats, Tele's. Hell I ain't namin' them all. Just lots of guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                              Beautiful! I love Gibson acoustics. Congrats to her & to you as well. With all the distractions these days, it's tough raising kids to look ahead & save, not to mention having the discipline to learn to play piano & guitar.
                              Yeah, she did a good job of resisting all the temptations of buying things when you have the money. Her eye was set on that, and she went after it. Now if it was my sons...............the blockheads they are,.........they would've spent it on the first thing that caught their attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X