Re: Criss Oliva appreciation thread

you've got mail

Comment

<center></center>

[ April 25, 2004, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

Dude!!! I would kill to get my hands on a poster like that!!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

This is one of only 2 made, and it's going to the grave with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
            This is one of only 2 made, and it's going to the grave with me.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool don ! hey man hows it going long time no hear you still around here ? and hows your new place in the tropics ? //Steve

Comment

I LOVED his playing on the Hall of the Mountain King album! I have to go buy it on CD now to learn those tunes now that I think about it.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

cool don ! hey man hows it going long time no hear you still around here ? and hows your new place in the tropics ? //Steve
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Steve,
                Moved back to Colorado about a month ago, Hawaii was way too expensive for my taste! The education system there is the pits! Would not have been a good move for my boys so I moved back and it's been snowing here ever since!!!!LOL!!! Everything here in Colorado is better than ever, found a great job, the family is doing great, and I'm on my quest to find another band. Thanks for the inquiry.

Comment

I LOVED his playing on the Hall of the Mountain King album! I have to go buy it on CD now to learn those tunes now that I think about it.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pick up a copy of "Streets", while you're at it as well, Criss was an unreal, very underrated player. I constantly listen to his work and learn new things daily from his playing. Could you imagine what Savatage and TSO would be like today if he was still around?

Comment

anyone seen this yet ? http://www.jonoliva.net his solo album should be fun the sample are to low quality though . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                      anyone seen this yet ?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Forget the samples from the homepage, these are early demo-versions. The final result will kick some major ass [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ April 26, 2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: busdriver ]

Comment

Yesterday I received a piece of Criss memorobilia. I got a poster from a Savatage performance during the Streets tour, it was here in Chicago, and it was at a club that is long gone... The Avalon. (Sully might remember it - Dream Theater fans have seen it [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                          <center></center>
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X