Meteors... YES!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
    In mid November, I always try to catch (well...not really catch) the Leonids (Ron..help me out on the spelling here). My wife & I sit in the hot tub, and count how many we see each night. The best time to see them is 3:30am to 5:00am. In early bow season, I'll stand there in the dark for a half hour or so before walking to my treestand...very cool!
    One of the coolest things about hunting is getting out and enjoying the sky before daybreak. I too will often stop right out in the middle of my fields and just look at the stars, it just sets the tone for the rest of the day, If Orion (the hunter) is clearly visable I alway take that as good omen, Hope to see some asteroids tonight, or early tommorow,
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Gotta work this weekend, and I'm close enough to "town" that the lights will block most of my view, even if the clouds don't.

Maybe I'll get lucky this year and find a smoldering blockbuster in the yard and sell it for a couple of Jacksons
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The wife , Vinny and I saw a few last week..it was a very clear night..

very nice..Vinny went nuts..but he always goes nuts..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use to have a nicer telescope once upon a time (wife got it for as a xmas gift) and enjoyed star/planet gazing. It can be enjoyable at times and even more so with the right people. Don't have one these days but habe thought on occassions I need to pick another one up again. Cool stuff.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I love watching my "Starfield" screen saver in a dark room.
            To much fog and bright lights around here to star gaze
            I need to move back to the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
              I can picture it now....(sitting in the hot tub with the wifey)....
              Trust me...That's something you don't want to see.
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
              X