Stolen ebay identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen ebay identity

Does anyone have a contact number to speak with ebay directly? Many thanks in advance.
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

You can speak to them directly through their in-house IM system. This is how I fixed an issue with a stolen identity.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks....someone hijacked my account and proceeded to list 110 ATV's for sale under my name... arrrrggghhh
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer
        Thanks....someone hijacked my account and proceeded to list 110 ATV's for sale under my name... arrrrggghhh
        Oh dude, that sucks! You know what they say, make your passwords hard to figure out... use a combination of letters (caps and lowercase), numbers and symbols so that the A$sH0L3s h@Ve A H4rD t!M3 fIGuR!ng !t 0uT. But I'm sure you already know that.

Is there another way to hack an Ebay account, aside from figuring out someone's pwd?

Comment

Originally posted by Annah
          Oh dude, that sucks! You know what they say, make your passwords hard to figure out... use a combination of letters (caps and lowercase), numbers and symbols so that the A$sH0L3s h@Ve A H4rD t!M3 fIGuR!ng !t 0uT. But I'm sure you already know that.

Is there another way to hack an Ebay account, aside from figuring out someone's pwd?
          I clicked on an auction that had some hot naked chick as a preview pic and it executed a program to steal my identity. They used it to list a bunch of bogus cars.

Don't click on the naked chick auctions!!! :ROTF:

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by Annah

If your machine is virus free and you keep it patched, it's unlikely.

However hackers are getting pretty good at making fake websites that look a lot like the e-bay signin page. If you fall for those tricks, you've basically handed them your ID and password. Be careful whenever you sign in to ebay that you're on the correct site (check the URL area carefully.)

Comment

Right, that last example is called "phishing" and is the most common method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X