Guitar insurance--Pretty cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar insurance--Pretty cool

Well, I have been making the rounds as far as acquiring insurance for me meager collection. I have had considerable trouble finding insurance due to 4 things:

1) I live in Florida

2) Florida likes hurricanes alot.

3) My guitars reside in my home.

4) My home is about a flop wedge (60 degree) from the bay.

Well, I have found it, and they are a great company, good guys, and the owner is an acoustic whore. They write through two major companies, Travelers and Hartford, so thats good sound finances, and the quote is pretty damn good. About $625 a year for everything I own guitar-wise. Even amps!

Now, this is not an endorsement, and I have no idea how things would go in the event of loss, but I am very pleased so far, and apparently there are quite a few others who are too.

They cover damn near everything, and I quote:

"Hi Shawn,

Attached is a copy of the policy. There is no deductible. Coverage is
    worldwide. Devaluation of an instrument as the result of breakage is
    covered. This means that if an instrument is damaged, and it is not a total
    loss, we will cover the cost of repair and any resulting difference in value
    from the original condition. An important condition is if an instrument is
    stolen from an unattended automobile we require some visible sign of forced
    entry into the vehicle. Other exclusions include acts of war, governmental
    confiscation, nuclear hazard, wear and tear, gradual deterioration and
    vermin. Mysterious disappearance is covered. The cost would be $625 per
    year based on (deleted) total value. I would need a list of instruments with
    values for each, and your mailing address and phone number. Let me know if
    you have any questions."

I know some of us have been looking, and this looks pretty damn good. Their web address is: http://www.musicins.com

This is not an ad, just trying to be helpful.

Could this be my first "sticky" post?

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

I know you have a huge collection of guitars but why couldn't you just increase the personal property coverage on your homeowners policy? If you are not giging with the guitars, that should cover them. There should not be a limit on musical instruments on your h/o policy. I also know FL is a difficult state for insurance.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

That varies by company and policy. My standard homeowners (Nationwide) specifically excludes musical instruments from coverage. However, you can add coverage for them with a rider.

Comment

In FLA, home of major damage, you dont get the opportunity to add them as a rider to your homeowners. Musical excrements are excluded. And in my case, living so close to the lost city of Atlantis, this has been a REAL ordeal. State Farm (MAN they suck...J/K) was going to write it, until they came over and dropped a pen into the bay from my driveway.....

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

You are a funny guy Shawn. Each state is different and has it's own unique rules. It suprises me that a policy would specifically exclude musical instruments. If they exclude those, I would be worried what else they would exclude or deny coverage on.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I don't know how massive your collection is, but this sounds pretty good to me. seems to make sense in your situation.
            if my equipment once should start to leave the house more regulary, I'd most likely think about an insurance as well.

but, hell...
            nuclear hazards?!? I'm not sure wether I'd mind about my guitars once I see myself getting nuked away...
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Mysterious disappearance? What the hell is that?
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
              X