Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of commision AGAIN!

Hey gang...

I know it's been a while. I'm out of commision again. This time it was due to my daughter calling England on an internet "catch"...for several hours at a time!!!

Needless to say she ran up an umpteen THOUSAND dollar phonebill, and basically had our home phone service shut down for a long time (until we can pay it). It wasn't entirely her fault....she did it completely out of ignorance. She was under the impression that since we had unlimeted "Long distance NATIONWIDE" service, that she could call anywhere.

Oh well...such is the long road to raising a child...and eventually into her teens. I'm trying to lead her along the right path....seriously!

So to my friends, it may still be many months before I get online here from home again...I'm guessing by December at best. Till then, I'll check in when I can (that's far and few between as well). So no need to reply. Admins can lock the thred. I just wanted to let you all know where I've been.

Later gang!
    ~Ken

Holy crapola - that sucks!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Ouch, that really sucks... best wishes, see ya around Christmas

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ken! Kids, you can't think of everything to warn them about!

Here they advertise these "Speedy Reconnect" phone companies that specialize in people who blew out their deal with the standard carriers. I know you're in a rural area but maybe check it out?

Anyway, best of luck, and sounds like it's time for the girl to get a job!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh jesus. Good luck straightening that out Ken.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Get a wireless broadband connection. I deep sixed my phone line and went wireless. I got tired of paying almost $100 a month for a phone I never used, just to have an internet connection. I can go anywhere with my wireless connection, which is cool.

Can you get a cable internet connection? Another option.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Damn! That sucks, Ken. I agree with Rich... time for her to get a job. Good luck. Talk to you soon.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ouch...thats expensive.
                Take care and see ya when you either drop by or when you officially get back.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Oh man... what my parents would have done to me....

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

deja vu for sure,

my daughter did this to me as well I feel your pain....
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                      Oh man... what my parents would have done to me....

-Nate
                      Well, after getting the crap slapped outta me, I would have been informed that I would be paying for it. End of story. A portion of any money I made at work would have gone to paying the bill down.

This is a good, although unfortunate, first dose of reality for young people. Back in the day, they called it learning responsibility.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, that sucks.

Adding that to the list of reasons why I despise the telephone.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                          Wow, that sucks.

Adding that to the list of reasons why I despise the telephone.
                          All the phones I own are collector items and none are hooked up. I have not had a functioning phone for 3 years. I love it.:ROTF: I know my situation is a lot different than the rest of you guys, but if you get there, it's great.:ROTF:
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

no phone, no money. It's still the best weapon in scoring for most brokers, traders, or any job that requires calling clients or customers in need of whatever.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                            X