Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

That was an old Leslie Gore song. 1960 whatever. Well, today, I turned 56. Did I get a "HBD fett"? NOOOOOO!!!! I'm hurt. Really hurt. I'm old enough to be your father, and this is the respect I get? You are just a bunch of insensitive pups. You don't have any idea how long it takes to reach 56. About 56 years for your information. That's over 5 1/2 decades. That's over 20,440 days. That's over 490,000 hours. That's 29,400,000 minutes. When you look at it that way, I'm just old and I have a right to cry.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: By the way, that's 83,000 beers, easy. I spent $42,000+ on beer alone. It's actually: "It's My Party", by Leslie Gore. But that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by fett; 08-05-2006, 01:21 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Happy Birthday, man!

How are we supposed to know?

Sheesh, 56 is nothing. Your posts prove it. You still sound like someone 25 Have a good one!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by fett
      That was an old Leslie Gore song. 1960 whatever. Well, today, I turned 56. Did I get a "HBD fett"? NOOOOOO!!!! I'm hurt. Really hurt. I'm old enough to be your father, and this is the respect I get? You are just a bunch of insensitive pups. You don't have any idea how long it takes to reach 56. About 56 years for your information. That's over 5 1/2 decades. That's over 20,440 days. That's over 490,000 hours. That's 29,400,000 minutes. When you look at it that way, I'm just old and I have a right to cry.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: By the way, that's 83,000 beers, easy. I spent $42,000+ on beer alone.

Happy Birthday ya old fart! BTW it's "It's my PARTY", not it's my birthday.
      They say the memory's the first to go. Good thing I remembered that today, tomorrow could be different.

You're not old enough to be MY father at least, you're only 8 years older than me. I hope that cheers you up, it doesn't do much for me though!
      Just call a cab if you go out drinking! DUIs cost a lot more than cabs!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

being 56 is not that bad I think.you get wiser while you grow older and I think that's something.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I updated my post already. At this age, all things don't pop in sequence. Those 83,000 beers do add up.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
            being 56 is not that bad I think.you get wiser while you grow older and I think that's something.
            Here, the US, 56 only makes you unemployable. I am a baby boomer. There are jillions of us. Yes, I am wiser. I have come to the conclusion that I know "everything" with a pinch of perspective. That and $3.50 will get you a plain coffee at Starbucks.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Here, the US, 56 only makes you unemployable. I am a baby boomer. There are jillions of us. Yes, I am wiser. I have come to the conclusion that I know "everything" with a pinch of perspective. That and $3.50 will get you a plain coffee at Starbucks.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Oh,I didn't know that.Well,In some contries being 56 makes you bald

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
                Oh,I didn't know that.Well,In some contries being 56 makes you bald
                In the US, I can be almost bald, unemployed and expect to live another 25 years. How good does it get?

Comment

In the US, I can be almost bald, unemployed and expect to live another 25 years. How good does it get?

But a lottery ticket.You never know.

Comment

Happy Bday, dad!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Do you think the kids that I moved up here for wished me a happy B-Day? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Do you think they expect recognition and presents for all 3 kids? Yesssss. But, I beat them to the punch. I snagged a computer for $200 and it works for them. I told them that that covers me for all birthdays and Christmas. I'm off the hook til next year. I will break down and buy a B-Day and X-Mas present for the 6 year old. The 2 teens whine more than I do , if that's possible.:ROTF: :ROTF: Bake me a fukkin fruitcake.

Comment

Your 56? Damn dude, I would have thought you were my age by some of your posts Happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                          Your 56? Damn dude, I would have thought you were my age by some of your posts Happy birthday
                          There was a rather dramatic gap in my life from 28 to 40 years old. I have always had a young heart and a juvenile brain. What's great about being this old is that I can be a kid again and they just chaulk it up to being old. What they don't know is that I have always been that way.

Comment

Hope you have a great day.

Comment

you old fart!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X