What the hell!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell!?

I had to go pick some shit up at the store today and decide to get some beer while I'm there to save a trip out this weekend.

When I get up to the counter they tell me that due to the elections being held today they can't sell alcohol.

What the hell is that communist horse shit all about?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

No. Check the date of the statute. That sounds like a post Civil War law that's still in effect. It's to stop you drunkin bastards from electing the drunkin' bastards. I wonder how many other states have that law.?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

New Mexico has that law. No alcohol sales until the polls close

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
        I had to go pick some shit up at the store today and decide to get some beer while I'm there to save a trip out this weekend.

When I get up to the counter they tell me that due to the elections being held today they can't sell alcohol.

What the hell is that communist horse shit all about?

communist horses cannot shit.they have a recycling system in their intestine
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco
          New Mexico has that law. No alcohol sales until the polls close
          Same in AZ.
          -Rick

Comment

How archaic is that? Gone are the days when you could buy a vote with a bucket of beer. I used to vote at all elections, but I lived in California where being a Democrat was a given. And I haven't voted for a few years. But now, beer or no beer, I can hardly wait for the mid-terms and the next general election. You talk about change............

Comment

What a dumb law! When I lived down in Georgia in 1998, for only about 2.5 months, they didn't sell alcohol on Sundays!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No alcohol on Sunday and liquor stores close at 11pm. Bars close at 2am and beer sales are from 9am to 2am.

That's what happens when religion and politics mix.
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I don't know about the polls in TX (Im a reg CA voter), but you can't buy alcohol on sunday here. In fact, this was a dry town until just a few months ago. You had to go way the hell out of town to buy your shit.
                  Good times. I had never heard of any of this until we moved out here.

Comment

damn, and I was kinda shocked by the state-run liquor stores in WA. (here in CA every grocery store sells liquor)

Comment

I live in WA and I like my booze. In the 3 years I have been here, I have gone there once and that was for a present. I kinda like the limited access to hard booze. It works for me. My Circle K has all the downstairs to Hell I need. We are talking about election rules that are so outdated to the point they are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                        What a dumb law! When I lived down in Georgia in 1998, for only about 2.5 months, they didn't sell alcohol on Sundays!
                        that's why the knight's of columbus lodges all have kegs.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Blue laws are just plain stupid,, you cannot legislate morality period.. the county in Alabama just over the state line from me is 100 percent dry, theres a liquor store on every road at the state line, their residents are getting smashed and they aren't collecting a cent on tax revenue. real smart...
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Lame Law Wonder if the bars are open?

Comment

I was in Florida when I was 19 or 20 and couldn't order a drink eventhough where I'm from I had been able to drink legally for a year or so. That sucked. Can you vote when you are 18 in the US but not drink until you are 21?

Comment

Working...
                              X