Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozzfest 2006 - Darien Lake. (painted boobie content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzfest 2006 - Darien Lake. (painted boobie content)

Still recovering today from a long day of partying, and metal.

BLS were awesome. I hear a lot of people cutting Zakk up, saying he's a poser and whatnot, but the bottom line is, it's entertainment, and he puts on a great fucking show. I'll pay my hard earned money to see them again and again.

Ozzy was pretty good. His voice was not as good as last year, but he looked healthy and was having a good time.

Lacuna Coil were very impressive. We were up close, and not only does Maria have an incredible voice, but she is very easy on the eyes. She actually is hotter in person, than in pictures I have seen.

Disturbed were the highlight of the night. They kicked ass all over the place. I can not say enough about how great they are live. The guitar sounded absolutely killer. Best tone out of any band at the show. The singer had a little rant about "pussy emo bands that wear makeup.." etc. Very funny!!

System of a Down were great too. Soundwise, they aren't that great live, but they do put on a great show, and played a nice long set with lots of energy.

Here's a few pics.

CAUTION - SOME OF THESE PICS ARE BORDERLINE NOT SAFE FOR WORK - (These girls were walking around in public, so I assume they are alright to post here. If not, then admins feel free to remove them and accept my apology)

Disturbed

System of a Down

BlackLabel Society

Various pics

My ugly mug with the Dime art guitars.

Some more ugly mugs
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

need.....more.....camo......pants........

thanks for the review. I really wanted to see Disturbed when they toured here this year, but I wasn't going to pay to see them open for Korn. Their last album gets MUCH rotation in my car. Kick sars.

LC's last album was disappointing, but I'd still like to see them live. Get any hot pics of Cristina?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Great pics, there is the homeboy with the bullseye everyone is always referring to. Also cool to see Zakk's new guitar in action. That vee is nice, maybe epiphone will do one I can afford.

Comment

Cool beans. My Bass Player's girlfriend went to that and she loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212
          Great pics, there is the homeboy with the bullseye everyone is always referring to. Also cool to see Zakk's new guitar in action. That vee is nice, maybe epiphone will do one I can afford.
          Hehe, that guy is pretty funny. He just walks around and jams. During SOADs set, they had him come on stage and play with them. I don't think he was plugged into anything though, because you couldn't hear him at all. You can't see from that pic, but his guitar is filthy. It looks like it's played by an auto mechanic.

Comment

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I saw Ozzfest at Hartford yesterday...actually it's kind of an oxymoron since Ozzy wasn't scheduled to play!
              Anyway, my picks for fave bands were:

BLS
              Hatebreed
              Disturbed
              System
              Lacuna

It was freakin hot as crap, even after the sun went down. BLS was the main band I wanted to see on the 2nd stage, and that was a good thing since I would've melted otherwise. Zakk killed as usual. he did a solo spot of various things but ended on a very hendrix-like version of the Spangled banner that was kind of eerie. For that he used the white V with black dots and a vintage trem...wanged the crap outta it than played another song with it which surprised me. That Gibson V shown above was the best, though.

Hatebreed sounded great..I've seen them before on 2nd stage, but they kicked it on the 1st stage! I like that one song they have which has that mosh part in it.

Disturbed sounded great. BTw, what guitars is that guy using now? It didn't look like PRSs. Schecter?

System was cool, but almost a little to out there for my taste...without Ozzy capping off the evening, it was tough to be completely satisfied.

Oh yeah, was getting beers and hangin out mostly during Avenged's set, but heard them cover Walk which was cool.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                Disturbed sounded great. BTw, what guitars is that guy using now? It didn't look like PRSs. Schecter?
                Dan's endorsing Washburn these days
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                  Dan's endorsing Washburn these days
                  Oh, cool. I couldn't tell from where I was.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

So the punker looking guys were Avenged Sevenfold eh? They did Walk at Darien Lake too, which was pretty cool, but the rest of their set was a big yawnfest. Very boring band. Hatebreed rocked. I've never heard them before, but they were pretty damn good. I might have to pick up some of their stuff and see what they are like on recordings.

Comment

Working...
                    X