Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme metal without extreme downtuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme metal without extreme downtuning?

Are there any extreme/death/black metal bands out there who play in E or Eb? Just wondering.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Kalmah play in Eb, but I don't think they're exactly what you meant.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I think the first couple Cannibal Corpse albums were in Eb

Comment

Lamb of God play in Drop D
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, I know about LOG and Cannibal Corpse (love both of them), but I'm looking for something new and different to add to my collection.
          I just checked out Kalmah on Youtube, they're pretty cool, actually.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think any new death metal bands even know how to tune to standard anymore C# seems to be the tuning of the month with a lotta bands now, but I love it all, so it dosen't matter I guess

Comment

It seems tons of bans tune to dropped C.

How about Necrophagist? Not E or Eb, but close....I believe most of it is in D.

Comment

I think Dimmu Borgir tunes to E........ Could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy
                  I think Dimmu Borgir tunes to E........ Could be wrong though.
                  I was actually surprised to read in Guitar World I think it was that they are in E Standard. Silnoz (?) I think his name was said they use all 3 notes in the chord (5th I believe) instead of just the normal 2 notes (1st & 3rd) in the power chord to give it that extra heavy sound

Comment

too bad so many bands use so many different tunings.. well i guess it gives a very unique sound.. pain in the ass on a floyd tho.. especially with only 1 guitar..

now i know why you people have dozens of guitars
                    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                      It seems tons of bans tune to dropped C.

How about Necrophagist? Not E or Eb, but close....I believe most of it is in D.
                      Diminished to b

sorry, had to

Comment

Joe, shouldn't you just learn a few basic chords in E before you start messing around with alternate tunings? One step at a time bro.

After all, nobody can become a yin yang Yawnsteen overnight man!
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

tunings are a night mare!my setlist has regular,Eb and drop D tunes,so its 3 diferent guitars onstage i have to use

Comment

seems it would be easier to use a digitech and transpose that way for some...alto the tone may suffer with that on all the time. not to mention.. it's cooler to whip out another guitar..but rather a pain in the keister to carry 3 or 4 to the gig only to play for a few tunes out side the main tunings.

Comment

75% of all black metal bands are tuned to E. Early Morbid Angel (pre-7-strings) was Eb. Death was down a full step. Necrophagist is down a full step.

Originally posted by followthereaper
                              Kalmah play in Eb, but I don't think they're exactly what you meant.
                              Their last 2 records are down at least a full step. First two were Eb though.

Comment

Working...
                              X