W.A.S.P.--appreciation thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.A.S.P.--appreciation thread!!

I'm sitting here trying to put together a powerpoint presentation for a conference I have coming up in a couple weeks and I just cannot stop listening to WASP!! I believe they were one of the best bands to come out of the 80s!

Discuss.

I thought they were good but they were in the same part of my record collection that Quiet Riot was. I liked them... but I didn't love them.
    They had some really good songs though... and some REALLY bad ones.

Comment

L O
      V E
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

LOVE MACHINE

WasP RulZ BroZ
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I really liked their first album, and The Last Command was a KICK ASS album. They lost me at Inside The Electric Circus. Which sucks, because I hear I missed some good albums after that (Headless Children (?), etc.).

Comment

Headless Children was ok, but Electric Circus was better (slightly). Last Command and the first one were the be-all, end-all IMO.

Too bad Blackie turned out to be such a douche.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Crimson Idol is very good.Bob Kulick plays guitar on this release and kicks ass.Blackie is great as well.Headless and Crimson Idol are very much alike.Raw the live CD is the best IMO.Helldorado and Unholy Terror are outstanding too.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

first album was spot on.......anything after that sucks....
                yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Agreed. Killer album.

Originally posted by straycat
                  Crimson Idol is very good.Bob Kulick plays guitar on this release and kicks ass.Blackie is great as well.Headless and Crimson Idol are very much alike.Raw the live CD is the best IMO.Helldorado and Unholy Terror are outstanding too.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I really enjoyed "Kill, Fuck, Die" as well. It's a very pissed off album that Blackie and Chris wrote after they both got divorced from their psycho wives. Reminds me of old-school WASP mixed with a little Nine Inch Nails.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's your appreciation ... Chris Holmes

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I really liked their 1st album. I saw WASP open for Iron Maiden back in the mid 80's. One hell of a show!!!!!!

Comment

I Fuck Like A Beast
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I didn't care for them back in the day. OTOH, I thought the (fairly) recent Dying for the World album was damned good.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I liked Chris Holmes' comment after Blackie said -"Man I'm getting sick of this stuff we have to wear, and the fireworks, and the raw meat, etc. etc. etc."
                              chris calmly replied-"Well, if we wrote better songs we wouldn't have to do this crap"-lol Dead on balls accurate there in my opinion.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X