Floyd Landis tests positive on testosteron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Landis tests positive on testosteron

I just read that the 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has been reported for testosteron doping during the 17th stage (the one where he crushed the opponents once and for all). His team Phonak confirms this.

Anyone with a link to an American article?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

What a fucktard.
    It amazes me that he would do this... You know you're gonna get tested... I mean duh!
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
    -Rick

Comment

i thought coming back from 8 minutes down was pretty fuckkin' amazing, and now we know why I guess. now it's the "ugly american" who wins the race, and the U.S.A. will catch heat in all the papers again, but I'd like to know how many of the other cats were hopped up on juice as well. I'm pretty sure plenty of them.
      Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 07-27-2006, 10:39 AM.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanks rj. He didn't show up wednesday at a scheduled race here in Denmark, so i started wondering. He just didn't show up! The Danish race director tried to contact Landis and his team and his manager - to no avail. They just disappeared from the face of the earth. wtf!?
        Henrik

Comment

The little chicken shit is hiding.
          Even his own mom is ashamed.
          Arlene Landis, his mother, said Thursday that she wouldn't blame her son if he was taking medication to treat the pain in his injured hip, but "if it's something worse than that, then he doesn't deserve to win."
          -Rick

Comment

atomic, America does not get special attention in this.

Everyone involved will catch the heat and already has: Italy (Basso), Germany (Ullrich), Spain and other European countries are being confronted already.
            Henrik

Comment

The B-sample from Landis still needs to be validated. If that too, shows traces of testosteron, he's going down.

He is scheduled to appear at Jay Leno's The Tonight Show friday. Let's see about that...
              Last edited by jackson1; 07-27-2006, 10:50 AM.
              Henrik

Comment

Good info on the other cats getting tested. What a mess, but I guess this just occurs in every facet of life. Everyone is looking for the edge, be it in sports, business, music, etc. etc. but the juice has completely turned my beloved baseball upside down, and now cycling is under the microscope, but that started with lance last year.
                Too bad, it was a good story and comeback until this.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                  The little chicken shit is hiding.
                  Even his own mom is ashamed.
                  With a right-on Mom like that, I amazed he even thought about it. She deserves a medal. I can see it now on any show you care to mention. "Mom blasts son for doping to win." She says: "That's not how I raised him. He fukked up and let's see if he has the unaltered balls to get himself out of this."
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Wait until the B sample has been tested before you disown the guy. The lab it was tested in happens to have VERY close ties to the newspaper L'Equip. Not the most accurate of labs. it is the same lab that leaked the Lance Armstrong BS 6 months ago, and that was proven eventually to be malarky.

I accept that in this sport, my favorite by the way I work in cycling career-wise, that there will always be cheaters. The fame, money and glory is just too much of a temptation for some. That is true in EVERY aspect of life.

chuck
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I agree with Chuck and as I stated earlier, two samples needs to be tested before conclusion.

Regrettably, the cycling sport has always been full of doping - almost to the point of silent accept, where you are expected to perform to a certain level, and if you can't make it, get help from the dope-doctors. I think it is silently approved by the team and the team managers.

Why do riders dope themselves when they know they will be tested?
                      Because they are in an environment that is way ahead of any race jury or local authority regarding scientific evolution. They have the edge in doping and know how to avoid testing positive or they use stuff that a jury doesn't even know about or test for.

The outside is catching up though, but it's a long and complicated process where the target change constantly (new doping methods being developed).

Floyd Landis has just commented in a telephone conference, that the evening before the test, he had a beer (?) in a bar and later on drank Tennessee Whisky (?!) in his hotel room. Also, he had permission to take a shot of cortisone for his bad hip situation plus a daily shot of Thyroid hormone as a medical treatment.

I bet the conclusion in this matter will be a mess, where no outside person really knows what happened
                      Henrik

Comment

I will wait until the second test to comment.

Comment

I heard Landis on NPR. He expects the B test to confirm the A test. He can't "explain" what happened to him. They also had a Dr. for the anti-doping whatever group comment that the amount of "overage" was so great that natural causes could almost certainly be ruled out and the B test will confirm the A. Then they go from there. I don't know.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell
                            I will wait until the second test to comment.
                            Regarding this..

The UCI just said that Landis' B-sample is also positive.

Probably, his 2006 win in TdF will be cancelled and his license halted for two years, meaning no races. Phonak will most likely sack him. (edit: They just did).

Sad scenario indeed.

This whole case is weird though... Testosteron can help build muscles and speed up the restitution of the muscles, but it have to be used for weeks for anyone to gain the benefit. Yet, Landis only tested positive on that one single day in TdF. This doesn't make any sense. I don't know if he was tested on the other days prior to that. No reports addresses this question.
                            Last edited by jackson1; 08-05-2006, 04:35 AM.
                            Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                              Regarding this..

The UCI just said that Landis' B-sample is also positive.

Probably, his 2006 win in TdF will be cancelled and his license halted for two years, meaning no races. Phonak will most likely sack him. (edit: They just did).

Sad scenario indeed.

This whole case is weird though... Testosteron can help build muscles and speed up the restitution of the muscles, but it have to be used for weeks for anyone to gain the benefit. Yet, Landis only tested positive on that one single day in TdF. This doesn't make any sense. I don't know if he was tested on the other days prior to that. No reports addresses this question.
                              There is a way to use it as a recovery drug where it's effects are instantaneous. That's what guys in cycling mostly use it for. This is a sad day and Floyd really let himself, his sport and his fans down.

chuck
                              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                              X