Latest Project: Slam-O-Flage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project: Slam-O-Flage

More like "Crap-O-Flage" actually. This is an idea I had been kicking around for a while...It just aint working out IMHO. It was supposed to be an "Urban Camo" look. Keep in mind the pic was taken with the protective peel coat still on the mirror, so it looks a little dull.

The guitar is a Dean ML-X. I think it should be re-named ML-POS. I swear the wood feels just like balsa. In the areas where I routed it out, you can scratch it with your fingernail because it's so soft. The body doesnt weigh anything at all. Couple that with the fact that it kicked slightly in the jig (which offset the rout a small amount), and with the fact that the design looks like 4 color poo. I'm thinking I may do something different with this one, and scrap the camo idea.

So, I need to get some feedback from my JCF Brethren. Does this look as bad as I think? Or is it just me....

>>--HuntinDoug-->

I think it actually looks pretty cool.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No way, that looks bad ass just as is!

Don't worry about the soft Basswood. My Frankie is like that and it is a very reasonant and tone-a-liscious axe.

Keep that!

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

That's different!!

Vey Cool..as always.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That looks cool as hell... I bet one just like it in black and red, with black hardware would killer too.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

It doesn't do anything for me, Doug, sorry. It looks messy and ... disorganized, i dunno. But as always it looks like a quality job.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Don't scrap it, I bet you'll get a good amount for it on the bay!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not my thing either. Maybe it's the colors?? I can't really explain it. Nothing against the craftsmanship though Doug, your work is great.

Comment

The work looks good, just not the colors.

Comment

Nice work.
                    The pattern is ok.
                    My daughter suggests:
                    Change the gray and silver glass to yellow or other shades of orange,
                    or
                    keep gray and silver and replace orange and red with
                    gray blues and white or off white.
                    Finn

Comment

I'd change it to black mirror, silver mirror, and white pickguard material
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb
                        The work looks good, just not the colors.
                        +1
                        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Doug, a better way to judge it would be with the neck, pups, hardware, etc., installed, and all the clear coat sprayed and buffed. Actually, it will probably look very cool when it's done.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I gotta say... I agree with Henrik. It looks messy and ... disorganized. I have a lot of time in it, but there is something about it I just cant stomach. If I finish it, I will have even more time in it, and still won't be satisfied.

I'm thinking about either a flame pattern, or another rebel flag, or possibly a black mirror top with a big razor blade in silver, with some red mirror "blood splatter" on the edges. Or, I could alwas just do a silver/black mirror bullseye... I dunno.
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[quote=HuntinDoug]or possibly a black mirror top with a big razor blade in silver, with some red mirror "blood splatter" on the edges./quote]

I like that idea.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X