Distortion Modelling Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion Modelling Keyboard

Heh, does Dragonforce know about this software?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/89081/fake_guitarist/

This is the co: http://prominy.com/les.htm
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Herman and Sam would get fired and start working at McDonald's and then form a band called BigMacForce.

The keyboard sounds really good.I wonder is there anyone famous who uses that.
    Last edited by Norton; 07-26-2006, 08:28 AM.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That was posted many moons ago, and the general consensus was that it was faked. You can hear lots of pinch harmonics that just seem to happen magically.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
        That was posted many moons ago, and the general consensus was that it was faked. You can hear lots of pinch harmonics that just seem to happen magically.

I think he presses a button at the left of the keyboard for that?

Comment

By definition, a keyboard's aftertouch can be set to perform an additional task. I.e, vibrato, filter sweep or in this case, trigger a pinch sample.

In theory it's possible but the alt picking of the riffs is too consistant to be able to do this 100% correctly, same with the legato decanding scales and the varying vibrato.

It's faked is my opinion, given that i work with my keyboard player in trying to recreate stuff like this (just with orchestral insturmentS), when he midi ins to my huge orchestral sound libraries.

It's possible, just not yet.

Comment

I watched it again and there are some fast parts that the guys doesn't move his fingers.

It's probably fake.

Comment

didnt look fake to me?but i could be wrong

Comment

This has been posted here before. And we also had a huge discussion about sampling vs. modeling along with it. Bottom line, its a bullshit clip.
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
                  I watched it again and there are some fast parts that the guys doesn't move his fingers.

It's probably fake.
                  he could be playing layered samples organised in certain groupings on the board.dont forget synths/keyboards have memory/disks and seq players/recorders-he could have arranged this tune,but he is still playing it

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                    he could be playing layered samples organised in certain groupings on the board.dont forget synths/keyboards have memory/disks and seq players/recorders-he could have arranged this tune,but he is still playing it

Maybe this guy is Chuck Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
                      Maybe this guy is Chuck Norris.
                      :ROTF:
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

:ROTF:

Chuck Norris can do natural harmonics in every fret that he wants.

Comment

I don't doubt that it's real for a second. They have some other samples on the website. Pretty convincing stuff. Midi is a powerful thing!
                          On a similar note, Petes (Twisteramps) band doesn't have a bass guitar player, the keyboard player does it all. I was absolutely amazed at the realism! I swear if you closed your eyes, you'd never know there wasn't a bass player up there.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                          X