Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dirt? more like the dirt bags

Read The Dirt.

All I remember is a bunch of violent drugged out junkies. Not much else. Very few funny of crazy tour stories. There are a few but it was such a downer of a story it almost ruins my good memories of the 80's...or any memories for that matter

Oookay.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

haven't read it yet, been wanting to. I was never a fan of the Crue but I imagined it would be an interesting read.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I've been wanting to read it, too. David Lee Roth's book is a good one.

Comment

it's a good, if enhanced (like any other autobiography) story. yeah, they weren't great people, but i'll tell ya that i knew plenty of people in hollywood that lived that way. that's pretty much what ya did.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I thought it was an entertaining read. I wouldn't want to be them, but it seemed like cool times to live through. Good times taken to a self-destructive extreme, though.

Comment

Not only is it the best book I've ever read

I still read it weekly after 4 years

I consider it my bible

And if I was able to live that life, I would in a heartbeat
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I'd crush 'em all singlehandedly. Meet your maker Motley-lol
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

With both our powers Tommy We could take them and the world over

Comment

A paperbook copy of The Dirt is being passed around the JCF....we're all signing it as we finish...I can't remember who has it now....yabba?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It really depressed me to read. Seems they focused on the negative the entire book. Dunno for me being sick all the time inst a good time. They must have had some really great stories that they left out. just the parties at thier house alone would be a great read. there was some interesting stuff Like DLR in one of the bed rooms after he was famous just hanging with the peeps... and the closet story..bajeepers.... but for the most part very depressng.

David lee Roths was very entertaining.

Comment

Life ain't all the fun times and stories though, alot of us if we were to write our own story would have the same stories of sitting in a room by our self snorting or shooting up whatever we had. or the lifes that touched us and we lost or loves we fucked up on. That whole book is Fucking motley, maybe a tiny enbelished but that's Nikki lol

A book like that should show it all and it did, I can't wait for nikki's Herion diarys to come out

Comment

I read that book a few years ago. Personally, I don't know how those guys are still alive. I can't imagine partying like that. Even when I was in my 20's, just one night of heavy drinking was a enough to put me out of commission for a few days.

It is an entertaing read though... What a life. Money, girls, playing arenas... it is the American dream!

Comment

There was a thread on Sludge that wondered if Nikki really ODed or was such a junkie as he claimed. He was never really junkie-skinny for one thing. Was it all part of the junkie punk beer and a sandwich mystique he wanted to create? Who knows...
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well take it all with a grain of salt I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X