Lebanon Population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon Population

The population of Lebanon is 3.8 Million. Boy, are there a lot of poeple that are leaving. There are hundreds of thousands of people from other countries there. I am going to take the Super Chicken response to Fred: "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!!". To be in the Middle East always carries risk. To be a foreigner living in Lebanon the motive is money. The tourists visiting family is another issue. So, I am a little perplexed when people rant and rave about the evacuations being slow. Personally, I would make them pay for the trip back home.
    Last edited by fett; 07-21-2006, 02:38 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

So, I am a little perplexed when people rant and rave about the evacuations being slow.
    You know... I have to agree with you. If you are stuck in a forign country. There is only two things you can do. Start heal toe'ing it for a border or get your ass to the US embassy. What the government is doing right now is going beyond the call of duty to help out it citizens in anyway they can. I just hope that everyone makes it out fine.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I think a lot of these guys are stuck with nowhere to go considering the amount of shells being lobbed that direction.Kind of dangerous to take to the road when you could be targeted as a terrorist.I feel sorry for them,must be scary being in the warzone.Looks like IDF might make a ground assualt sometime soon,mind you it will be tough

Comment

Here's an analogy. If some guy decides to climb Mt. Whatever and he gets stuck and has to be coptered out, he should pay the bill. It costs thousands of bucks to pluck him off the mountain. He made the choice to go where he could be put in danger. I admire our effort to get our citizens out. But, should we foot the bill?

Comment

Yeah, I've been in a warzone before, you just wanna get the fuck out if you've got no business being there. The first time you see a 500 lb bomb explode it kinda changes your perspective on things. You think your amp is loud!!!

Comment

my amp goes to 11!

Comment

Originally posted by fett
              Here's an analogy. If some guy decides to climb Mt. Whatever and he gets stuck and has to be coptered out, he should pay the bill. It costs thousands of bucks to pluck him off the mountain. He made the choice to go where he could be put in danger. I admire our effort to get our citizens out. But, should we foot the bill?
              Exactly
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Well, we DID condone the IDF's attacks into Lebanon, which included them destroying the airports and to an extent the port facilities too.

So how are our people supposed to get themselves out when the airport has been bombed? It IS part of our government's job to help citizens in foreign lands when the shit hits the fan. Especially if we condoned the destruction of the normal means of gtting out of Dodge.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just like Iraq, our pundits didn't and/or couldn't figure out how far the situation could get out of hand. The West is losing face. Bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                    Well, we DID condone the IDF's attacks into Lebanon, which included them destroying the airports and to an extent the port facilities too.

So how are our people supposed to get themselves out when the airport has been bombed? It IS part of our government's job to help citizens in foreign lands when the shit hits the fan. Especially if we condoned the destruction of the normal means of gtting out of Dodge.
                    bingo!you couldnt say it better The goverment has a duty to protect its citizens

Comment

Well, if things escalate as rapidly as there, I don't think any and all of the people are to blame themselves. When shit hit the fan, it didn't take a long time before the IDF struck most of the main transportation lines, making it quite difficult to get the fuck out of there quickly and safely. Enter stage left, government of your respective homeland - what the hell are you paying those taxes for, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        Just like Iraq, our pundits didn't and/or couldn't figure out how far the situation could get out of hand. The West is losing face. Bigtime.
                        Actually, it's more like The Big One - the 8.0+ earthquake on the San Andreas Fault that's overdue. We've known it's overdue since the 1970s, but we don't know when it will go off. You worry when you first hear about it, then you forget about it. When it happens you'll say "HOLY SHIT!!!!!" Then you'll deal with it on a panic basis.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Beruit was called the "Paris" of the Mideast. Then they blew it all up years ago. Israel spent 12 years there. Syria even longer. Well, they all pulled out. I know ,I'm spouting history. But, it left a vacuum. And now the vacuum is being filled. Now, cut to the present. And watch all hell break loose. There is no Western answer.

Comment

Working...
                          X