• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budman68
    Very cool, Doug-

Rob: it's a laser engraver:

http://www.epiloglaser.com/

Not sure if this is the brand that Doug has but they're a very cool piece of machinery that basically runs like a printer cutting the image that you "input" into the system. It's a toy that I can definitely appreciate
    I looked at Epilogs... Decided to go a different rout. All the brands have their drawbacks. Epilog has thiers too... And the rep was a total Jerk! I went with Mercury. It came with software, and all of my old sign files were compatable... I can just import them right in, that's one of the best features IMO. It would be hard to start off with no artwork on file.

Overall, lasers do a nice job, but there is a lot of "hand" work as well, similar to machining. A good amount of setup time, as well as deburring, ect. The design time is a factor too. The other concern is the fact that the CO2 in the bulb diminishes over time. So, you have to replace the most expensive part of the unit... Not looking foreward to that.

The upside is production jobs. If you have 1000 plaques of the same design, you can get a pet monkey to sit and push the buttons (make sure he's in diapers though).
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

That is badass!! I hate the symbology of the rebel flag but LOVE how it looks on the guitar!

Comment

Ah ok thanks guys! I always wondered how that kind of stuff was done, really neat!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X