Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gear almost went bye bye!!(air conditioning problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gear almost went bye bye!!(air conditioning problem)

I took a ride to a local car show tonight...and on the way home, a friend who's cousin is in town is from Hungary is staying with his parents two towns over from me. They had a power outage...so being so close to them, I wanted to call my house and spoke to my mom who said we had power, but we had a major problem with the a/c condenser. My jam room so to say is where the piping for the condenser is(little did I know that) and the condenser backed up and poured water EVERYWHERE. The sheet rock is gone and the framing is exposed. My axes we're a matter of a few feet from where the water landed. I have NO idea how my marshall was saved as the amp was in the line of where the water fell.

On top of that, the compressor is on it's way out and we had record heat here today 100*F. The house is now NOT cool and is roughly 82*F. Time to put the axes in their cases and Thank God they weren't damaged or soaked. The sheet rock came crashing down as well when the water overpowered it.

I'm just writing this to vent a little and in a relieving way that I didn't lose anything.

You never know what's going to happen next!! Truer words we're never spoken.

Thanks for listening!

Now that's what I call a sticky situation... I lost power for a couple of hours last week (I think it was on Tuesday) when it was raining and the thunder/lightning was going like crazy, though none of my gear was in danger.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I know what the feeling is like. Florida's had a slew of violent and devestating hurricanes. Fortunately up in Jacksonville nothing too bad, but we did have one storm that caused some minor flooding and a guy at the beach had damage to some of his axes. Like the earthquakes in CA, the twisters in KS, blizzards in NY and other shit, you never know. Good time to think about insuring the collection!
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ahh Florida , My AC has been out for 6 days now down here in Miami LoL Glad you gear survived Man that would suck!
        I might go get a hotel for the week till the AC gets Fixed LoL
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S.
          Ahh Florida , My AC has been out for 6 days now down here in Miami LoL Glad you gear survived Man that would suck!
          I might go get a hotel for the week till the AC gets Fixed LoL
          Damn dude I'm in St Aug and I can't imaging not having air. I'd be in a hotel asap...I get pissed in the heat! LOL
          ------------------------------------------------
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Wow! Good thing your gear survived.

My A/C unit died the other day. It's been 35-40 Celcius here for the last 2 weeks and POOF! The repair guy got here that same day (I kinda gave a sob story about having to show my house to prospective buyers even though it's already sold), and thankfully my bill was only $200.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Pheeeew! Glad it's all safe, mate.
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles dude. I am glad your gear escaped harm though.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

this thread reminds me that I need to get renter's insurance

Comment

The adjuster is coming tomorrow to evaluate things.

The marhsall was re-located(I love how that massive amp is soo portable!) to the living room and hooked up to the pedalboard.

I received my KV2 back today from a fret level/crown. That made a world of difference!! The action is now 1mm or less at the 12th fret on the high e!

The KV might be getting a custom....not too sure about the JB in this particular guitar.

I'm glad I have them all, and they're all in top shape!

Comment

I had a similar problem once. I was out doing a karaoke show when I started raining. Being inside a pretty large building with loud music I noticed the rain through the window but didn't realize how bad it was until my wife called. She said that the water was rising fast and that it was very close to reaching the front door. I still had to about 2 hours to go before I was off and she was really freaking out so I asked a friend to stop by and pickup my wife and newborn son.

After the show was over I drove home and on the way noticed at least 30-40 cars scattered throughout the freeway. At one point there at were at least 10 cars that stalled within a few feet of each other that I had to zig zag through. I was an eerie feeling cause there were no people to be found anywhere by these abandoned cars. It was seriously like a scene in a bad movie like Return of the Living Dead.

Anyway my friend called to ask me to go over to his house first, but I was like hell no I needed to make sure that none of my equipment was getting damaged. When I arrived I noticed that there was very little water that had entered the front door, but when I opened the door to my rehearsal space things didn't look so good in there. The entire carpet was soaked and it there where all kinds water stains and debris. From the looks of it there must have been at least 2-3 inches of water that had reseeded.

I immediately took all my guitars out of their cases and began to make sure that they were not wet. Half of them did get a little wet but I since I didn't let them sit for too long there was no damage. The rest of my equipment was fine, as for my speakers, thank god for casters.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                      X