• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool SRV Video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FN185plVQ...0Ray%20Vaughan

That was cool! Thanks!!

Comment

That is cool....I have seen pieces of that but never the whole thing. What a talent....
      Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Thx!!! That was killer!
        -Rick

Comment

Is that a Robin guitar?

Comment

Did they smoke a cig after that? That was great. What a loss.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

thanks for the link, that is awesome.....
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Very cool...I was fortunate to see Stevie live back in April of 88....of all places at the University of Maine at Orono....about 20 minutes away from where I grew up.

What a talent and what a waste

Comment

Originally posted by ronnierogers
                  Is that a Robin guitar?
                  Great question, great video!! Jack.

Comment

Wonder how they found out they could do that...
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Wow, that was cool. I remember what I was doing the night they announced his helicpter went down. Sad stuff.

Not my style of music, but that dude could definitely hold my attention while playing.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom
                        Very cool...I was fortunate to see Stevie live back in April of 88....of all places at the University of Maine at Orono....about 20 minutes away from where I grew up.

What a talent and what a waste
                        April 8th to be exact. The day after my bday. I was there too. The Blue Flames opened for them and he screwed up at the end and mistakenly called them the Blue Jays. I have a copy of that show on tape if you want it bro...

edit... 20 minutes from Orono? Bangor, Brewer? I grew up in Bangor...
                        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

HOLY SHEEP SHIT!!

YES!!

April 8th 88'!!

A buddy of mine was the guitar player in the Blue Flames!!

I grew up in Old Town...which isn't that far away...and grew up in the 80's playing the local bars/clubs in that area. I played with Anybody's Guess, Fast Line, and Wildside!!

We used to play the Showring/Mike's Place a lot, the college at parties, along with the various Elk's Club etc. all the time. We branched out to playiing in Portland at Jezebel's (wow..total 80's decadance..sniff, those were the days ).

We probably know some of the same people...Northern (bend over) Kingdom Music, Coastal Music (Until Joe died ).

It was a fun area..

Comment

Ahh the Showring....used to call it the Blowring

Yeah i lived on Kenduskeag Ave in Bangor which is that huge ass hill to the left of Northern Kingdom...

Used to play at the Penny Post in Old Town. Glad to meet a fellow Penobscot County dude...
                            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Man...the Penny Post....haven't thought of that place in YEARS!!

I used to hang and play there also...Ron (the owner) was a 60's stoner...his girlfriend had a HUGE fukkin Afghan named Gandalf (who was a cool ass dog!!)....then she split and the chick Michelle started working there...

Remember Sex and Witchcraft?? Great, great band...always wondered what happened to the guitar player...he used Charvel's IIRC.

Hmmmmmm, who do you know from Old Town?? I was friends with Tom Butler, Jeff Cust, Jason Mitchell, Rob Gilbert, and a bunch of others. Tom and Jeff are in VA Beach still playing...still talk to them both..lost track of Jay...and still talk to Rob once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X