Surf City Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf City Sundays

Hey, it's been really hot weather here this month, so yesterday I decided I'd head down to Huntington Beach to enjoy the 15 degree temp drop, cooling ocean breeze, and whatever else I could check out! My city has been around 90 - 95 and I've been getting a little dizzy hanging out in the Sweat Lodge http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ighlight=sweat

I decided to take the bus: it'd save money on gas, and I wouldn't have to worry about the traffic & parking hassles at PCH & Main. I met a couple British birds they were young & cute and backpacking around. As soon as I arrived on the coast, I immediately walked to TK Burgers and got a turkeyburger, mmmmmm. http://www.tkburgers.com/

Then I dodged all the human traffic to get to the International Surfing Museum, where a free surf concert was about to start http://www.surfingmuseum.org/events.html I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were chairs and tarps set up in the parking lot so we didn't have to stand around under the direct sun. Of course, some people are just too spoiled and I overheard a mom with a stroller remark that she was leaving as it was "too hot now". Geez lady, you're in Huntington right by the coast and it's like 74 degrees!

The band was The Breakaways http://www.thebreakaways.com/ who used all Strats, Jazzmasters and vintage Fender amps. They played from 1:20 to 3 PM and put on a good show (for old guys ).
    Last edited by RacerX; 07-17-2006, 06:58 PM.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Then I got a double chocolate chip frapp from Starbucks (had a free card) and walked down Main St. Man, Tommy is right, this place is crawling with girls girls girls! I had fun checking out breasteses of all sizes shapes & colors!

This stretch of Main is a "seen & be seen" place, a lot of people drive and park their special cars, bikes, and motorcycles here. Saw lots of Vettes, Jags, Hummers and a couple Ferraris. I checked out all the surf shops, then headed back down to the beach. At Pier Plaza http://www.stockteam.com/citybech.html they had the usual arts & incense booths set up, plus I could hear a "drum circle" and could see girls dancing, giving the area a "Venice Beach" vibe...only cleaner!

Only thing that was the same were the bathrooms Pheeeeewww... as Ace Ventura says "Do NOT go in there"
    Last edited by RacerX; 07-17-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

doesn't that bassplayer work on Mythbusters?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Did they play Trilogy?

@ G
        Last edited by jackson1; 07-17-2006, 07:15 PM.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

eh!? Where did the pic go!?
          Henrik

Comment

Tell me Ron, do all the radio's still blare out KNAC 105.5 or am I living in the past?

Comment

Pic was kinda big http://www.thebreakaways.com/HB%20Su...005%20Band.jpg

Don, KNAC changed format back in the 90s...lotta guys play (c)rap but there was a huge truck that drove by and the girl was blastin Master Of Puppets

Comment

A day in the life of Ron...
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

sorry Ron, i was messing around with the thread tools and rating menus and rated this thread by mistake. D'oh!
                  Henrik

Comment

"Rons guide to seeing California on less then 2 Dollars a day..."

Comment

I walked down the pier a bit, checked out the beach volleyball action, then grabbed a shrimp enchilada from Wahoo's for dinner. http://www.wahoos.com/index2.html

The whole day, I half expected Atomic Tommy to go cruising by on his beach bike!

Back at the Plaza, crowds had formed around a Capoeira group http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira

That was pretty cool, is it a dance, a martial art, or exercise? Members of a colorfully garbed and tattooed, multinational and coed Capo school were putting on a show, with music and chanting and everybody was having a good time - check out that link, it's pretty interesting!

By then, the sun was just slipping below the horizon, so I trudged back to the bus stop. (Man was it crowded on the way home! Crazy trip) I had walked everywhere so I got a lot of exercise! What a cool day!

Comment

aww dude, you can't miss my bike, that's for sure, it would be impossible, but this week I did the sidewalk jiggle all day sunday on my skateboard wuth a few pitstops into Hurricanes, Hula grill, and Perqs. You can smell the box, I wish I saw you dude, can't miss you either you building with feet-;p; and all that hair of yours, just decided to be a shatekook lowering the be seen average, but you were out saturday right? Man, i can only imagine what it would have felt like in Anaheim.
                        Drive your car, i'll style you out on where to park without a hitch. I'm the mayor of BCB my good man, I still have some pull around town. Woops, my bad, you were here sunday, shit I was up and down main for 2-3 hours or so, stopped by to rap with a few barowner buddies of mine. I used to live with the owner of Hurricanes for 3 years and lived on 21st street next to Jillian Barberie and he ex-husband. That took about 12 years off my life , those 3 very interesting years of babylon-Rome like living.
                        When in BcB-lol
                        pm me for my digits Ron.
                        Tommyl
                        Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 07-17-2006, 11:16 PM.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yes I love where I live, nobody knew that here i thought.
                          Nowhere else for me in the world, except for maybe newport if you have your own garage. You cannot beat the girls, anywhere. At least for condensity and numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                            "Rons guide to seeing California on less then 2 Dollars a day..."

Bus fare (1 line, round trip): $2.50
                            Turkey burger + fries: $5.59
                            Venti dbl choc frapp: free
                            Shrimp enchilada: $2.54

Total: $10.63

Ogling SoCal babes on the Pacific coast: priceless

Comment

Good call Ron, on the priceless part. TK Burger rules with an iron fist. they are killer burgers. Why did you get a turkey burger? At Tk's that's almost blasphemous.-lol

Comment

Working...
                              X