Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maiden Single Released!!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

Check it out, it rocks! Pretty friggin heavy riffs too!!!

This is gonna be a great album, and an even better tour! CANT WAIT till they come around again!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Best fuckin' band ever!

Comment

I'm a huge Maiden fan. (Surprise? )

Craptacular.

That was one of THE most boring Maiden songs I've ever heard. God damn, if they play that song live, I will get a concussion from falling asleep and hitting my head on various things as my body plummets due to a lack of consciousness.

It sounded like an audio version of a terrible photochop comprising a mish-mash of "Caught Somewhere In Time", "The Age Of Innocence", "Stranger In A Strange Land", and "Nomad".

Thanks for passing on the link though.

Comment

Damn, now I'm afraid to listen to it!

Oh, and you forgot The Long Distance Runner LOL!
        Last edited by DonP; 07-17-2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Pretty rockin' tune. They seem to have a different sound and feel to their music these days though.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Hell, you'd think that me, being an IMMENSE fan of the "Somewhere In Time" album, would LOVE a song like this with so many elements from that album's songs. But nope.

For some strange reason, I've always dreamed of Maiden re-recording their classic tracks in a studio setting and having them SUPER-POLISHED and modernized. A lot of people would feel that they're being ripped off, but damn, I'd pay a hundred dollars for an album like this. I love modern versions of old songs... listen to "Charlotte The Harlot '88" and "Prowler '88" for two studio re-recordings from classic Maiden. For live versions, watch the Live In Ullevi (Sweden) video of their "Early Days" tour from last year. They kicked serious ass playing all their old songs.

Another example. Ever heard Halford's "Live Insurrection"? I am a huge fan of Judas Priest but damn, the modernized Halford band plays Priest songs better than Priest themselves. I can't describe it; that album had a magical sound. But Priest can definitely hold their own and their new DVD ("Rising In The East") is pretty amazing.

Old bands capitalizing on playing their old songs in a modern setting = my soaking wet mangina, no matter how much of a ripoff it may be to other fans.

Comment

i like it. maiden has evolved a lot. they seem much more prog-oriented to me. i hear a lot of jethro tull and marillion in their newer stuff. the songs seem to be more like journeys than their classic stuff.

i am shocked at the heaviness of this song though!! can't wait for the new album.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hell yeah... I can hardly wait to see them again...

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

That fucking kicked ASS!!! They sound as good today as they did back in '85! It was little different but unmistakably Iron Maiden! There really isn't much I don't like from Maiden or Dickinson for that matter...

Comment

Just listened to it a few more times and I like it even more.

While I agree that they definatley changed over the years sound wise. But this song just fucking rocks, its heavy as fuck! Only thing Id like to see is Bruce go a little higher... but other than that, I just cant wait for the new album.

I have to say, that probably the best times of my life have been seeing Maiden the two times I have. I dont know what it is about them... but when Im there... I cant even explain it. All the fans are great, the band puts on such an amazing show... NO OTHER BAND IN THE WORLD makes you feel the way Maiden does when your at their shows. They love what they do and they love their fans. I think Maiden has probably one of the most loyal fan bases in this era and it definatley shows.

I cant wait for this tour... Im gonna go to two or three of the shows... Alone if I have to, I dont car. Cause when Im at Maiden, weather someone came with me or not, Im not alone.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Alright... well I figured Id stop by the Maiden forums as its been a while since Ive been there. Since when do you have to PAY to use the forums other than the free General area? WTF is up with that? I NEVER thought Maiden, of all bands, would make anyone PAY to be a member of the online forum! Im a little bit upset about this... Ive been a member there for years, havent been there for about 10 months. WTF?

Comment

Ah, I agree with NOP. The boys can do much better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                          Alright... well I figured Id stop by the Maiden forums as its been a while since Ive been there. Since when do you have to PAY to use the forums other than the free General area? WTF is up with that? I NEVER thought Maiden, of all bands, would make anyone PAY to be a member of the online forum! Im a little bit upset about this... Ive been a member there for years, havent been there for about 10 months. WTF?

I used to frequent the IMBB and was also cheesed by this, but the place went to shit so whatever. It all started 2 years ago when tons of trolling, flame wars and general bullshit got so out of hand that the mods began banning like crazy, which only incited the jackasses and eventually they just shut it down. Way too much drama too. After a few months they started it up again, but by this time most of the regulars didn't care and all sorts of dumb n00bs came around. Just wasn't the same. Then it all started again and they said fuck it and made it a pay site.

I sometimes go to a private proboards forum where some of the old crowd goes. Mostly the jackasses and trolls though.

I didn't mind the song, but I do find it a bit boring. It doesn't need to be 7 fucking minutes long, that's for sure. And they've got 3 fucking guitar players now and there's nothing going on in that intro! WTF?

I'll still buy it first day it's out though, coz I'm a major Maiden fanboi.
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                            Since when do you have to PAY to use the forums other than the free General area? WTF is up with that? I NEVER thought Maiden, of all bands, would make anyone PAY to be a member of the online forum! Im a little bit upset about this... Ive been a member there for years, havent been there for about 10 months. WTF?
                            They heard you refuse to spell "definitely" correctly :ROTF:
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire
                              I used to frequent the IMBB and was also cheesed by this, but the place went to shit so whatever. It all started 2 years ago when tons of trolling, flame wars and general bullshit got so out of hand that the mods began banning like crazy, which only incited the jackasses and eventually they just shut it down. Way too much drama too. After a few months they started it up again, but by this time most of the regulars didn't care and all sorts of dumb n00bs came around. Just wasn't the same. Then it all started again and they said fuck it and made it a pay site.

I sometimes go to a private proboards forum where some of the old crowd goes. Mostly the jackasses and trolls though.

I didn't mind the song, but I do find it a bit boring. It doesn't need to be 7 fucking minutes long, that's for sure. And they've got 3 fucking guitar players now and there's nothing going on in that intro! WTF?

I'll still buy it first day it's out though, coz I'm a major Maiden fanboi.
                              Ahh, see I was never around enough to see any of the drama. I just used to stop by every now and then for the past few years to say hi and read up a bit. Its a shame, seemed like a cool place at the time. Guess things change and its a shame. I really wanted to see if anyone around my area would be going to the concerts so we can maybe meet up and put back a few beers in the parking lot tailgate partys. But I guess not afterall...

Comment

Working...
                              X