Guitars on a plane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars on a plane!

Well, I may be flying to visits some long time friends soon. My question, is there any way for my to bring my guitar without having it with all of the luggage? Can I possibly carry it on?

I know many of you have some experience with guitars on a plane (Snakes on a plane! ) and I would really appreciate any support you can provide.

I bought a mini Martin acoustic specifically to take as a carry-on when I have to travel. I've taken it a few times, but I got bitched at last time I tried (on Northwest Airlines), so I don't take it anymore. I just find a Guitar Center in whatever city I'm in and jam for an hour or so.

Comment

Best chance is to try and ask if you can store it in a cabinet onboard. Look for a friendly looking stewardess at the gate say to her VERY NICELY 'Hey, could I ask you a question?' Then tell her how you have a guitar that is very special to you and ask her if it could be stored on board in one of the closets in the actual passenger area.

Hell, you could even book an extra seat and have it next to you!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Buying another guitar is not an option for me, as I have about $3.

GoR, that sounds like a good idea, but if it doesnt work, what would I do with the guitar? I don't have a flight case.
        Last edited by DenimBrigade; 06-29-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Carry it on in a suit bag and see if they will hang it in a closet for you. Call the airline and see if it's possible.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

im sick of these mother fuckin guitars on this motha fuckin plane!

Comment

actually ur allowed to buy a seat for your guitar..laughable as that may seem, but i know guys who've done it coz that way the guitar stays right where they can see it

does that mean the guitar has to have a passport?...i wonder if you get on the plane and it says this seat is reserved for Mr Malmsteen's strat or something :P
              Last edited by sonicsamurai; 06-29-2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                im sick of these mother fuckin guitars on this motha fuckin plane!
                better watch out man or they'll unleash the FUCKIN' fury haha

Comment

Don't sweat it. I take my Charvel with me every time I go out of town on a plane. Just put it in a soft guitar bag and put it above in the carry on cabinet.

I have taken at least 20 trips with it and never have a problem.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

i use my G&L thickly padded soft case with back straps ...no problems getting it on a plane and allot easier to carry around the airport

also ..x-rayed wood adds tone
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by len

also ..x-rayed wood adds tone

??? please enlighten me...

Comment

they have too go through the x-ray machine in the US if you bring them on a plane...
                        i was j/k
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                        X