No announcement yet.

where do you get an RR case-sized box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you get an RR case-sized box?

Any suggestions? I know music stores tend to have guitar boxes, but I can't think of anywhere that would have one.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Bike shop
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

If you have a GC near you let them know what you need either ask them for a Jackson box or you might be able to get away with a coffin case box I've used that in the past. It's the V-200 coffin case box. that & some acoustic guitar boxes might work they're pretty big.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Try a bicycle shop. You may have to get two to make one. I got two guitars from the same guy that used bike boxes and they worked great. In fact, I still have them. You pay the shipping and they are yours.:ROTF: :ROTF: Donnie beat me. You Bastard!!!!!! Bar-S wieners are 10 for 10 at Albertson's.
        Last edited by fett; 06-27-2006, 09:09 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
          Try a bicycle shop. You may have to get two to make one. I got two guitars from the same guy that used bike boxes and they worked great. In fact, I still have them. You pay the shipping and they are yours.:ROTF: :ROTF: Donnie beat me. You Bastard!!!!!! Bar-S wieners are 10 for 10 at Albertson's.
          Is it two boxes or one big box?
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
            Bike shop
            +1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
              One, but you should double-box. (That is, have an inner box also).
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                Depends on the size of the bike. My guy used a 20 inch bike box for and double boxed them. Of course, they didn't have cases. Be careful about shipping costs. Oversize and all that.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have usually just asked the sales guy at GC or checked the cardboard dumpster behind the store. Works like a charm.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If the bike shops and music stores don't have one, try the dumpsters behind hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot. You might have to cut and tape but you'l find plenty of raw cardboard footage to work with.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X