dime bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dime bag

well I never listend to Pantera, and had no interest at all. As far as Dime was concerned I assumed its another hyped dude from a band that happened to hit big - Slash or kurt what's his fuck from from nirvana. Well sully showed me a guitar clinic. He does some jammin over some instrumental tracks. All I can say now is I am a convert. That dude rocks. He is really makes it all look so easy. funny thing is you can really hear the Hair Metal influence and the neo classical influence as well. Good stuff. Its one yoube or whatever its called.

I never got into Pantera and still don't see the big deal. Dime was a good player and from what I hear he was one hell of a guy to know, but his playing never did much for me. I like his rhythm playing better than his leads though.

I recently learned Dime played a solo on 1 song on a King Diamond CD. As it turned out it was the only KD CD I didn't like very much and never paid attention to it, but I pulled it out and gave it a listen just to hear that solo. Wasn't that much to it to be honest.

But I do think he's a kickass rhythm player.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

he's considered a guitar god by many, me included. influenced alot of people!

Comment

I was the same way....Always thought he was cool but wasn't really into Pantera but after his death really got into him..he kicks much ass.

Check out the solo from when he was 16 in this thread
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56296
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have seen them a few times but groing up in Dallas I could have seen them a lot more. Phil turned me off, but Dime has always been cool.

Comment

About time you figured out Dime ya nut!!

5....4....3....2....1....!!

Comment

Dime ruled..

Phil is a piece of shit!

Nathan Gayle got the wrong guy..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dime and Vinny Both rock, Huge influences coming up in the 90's for people like me. most stuff sucked after 92, But you could always count on Them to blow anyone off stage I saw them with Sabbath having never seen Sabbath and They DESTROYED ozzy and Tony. Blew white Zombie off in 96. When I saw them Phil was always in a good mood too, He likes the quality of the Pot up here
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I was struck by Pantera when I woke up one morning to the radio alarm going off in '91 and it was the intro to Cemetary Gates playing on KNAC when it was still around. I got lucky the night before and was in bed with a beach twinkie who set the alarm so I'd wake up and make it to work. So it's going off, she starts yammering immediately, and I said stop!!! hold on a second, and the intro to Gates just blew me away. I liked 'em alot, but I didn't really follow them too deeply after the first album.
                  He was something else I tell ya.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                    Dime ruled..

Phil is a piece of shit!

Nathan Gayle got the wrong guy..

+ 1!
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                    X