Bon Jovi... first class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bon Jovi... first class

flipping channels yesterday and came across "Oprah" interviewing Jon. watched for a few minutes, then Jon reached in his back pocket pulled out a envelope that had a check inside of it for 1,000,000.00 dollars. he told her it was a donation for her "angel network" and she was literally speechless (i know... a miracle in itself ). she looked as though she had no idea he was going to do that. Bon Jovi never ceases to amaze first class all the way.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

That is just freakin' cool. That takes a big and kind heart to do that. I've always been a Bon Jovi fan, even when they were always getting bashed.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Very cool. I was never really much of a Bon Jovi fan (don't have any of his albums), but I know quite a few people who are, and I've heard most of the songs. I saw him live at Giants Stadium a few years back (a friend had an extra ticket) and it was a really good show. I think I stood out a little by wearing a Slayer shirt! Another guy there had an Overkill shirt, so I didn't like as much of an outcast.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

JMHO
        oprah is to women ...what stippers are to men
        ...all tease and no action...strippers smile at a man.... Oprah
        cries ~with the women ~ who watch her........ BULL SHIT
        everytime i watch that show and see her feeling bad for homeless mothers
        orphaned kids etc....blah blah blah
        sometimes she gets condensending and the women just eat that crap up

makes me just want to puke

she could be doing lots more to help and still have more $$$ to spend in 12 lifetimes
        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I don't really follow her much, but her and her charity do a lot to help the world. Hell, she gave everybody in her audience a car last year, too!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            I don't really follow her much, but her and her charity do a lot to help the world. Hell, she gave everybody in her audience a car last year, too!
            What they don't tell you is that with that gift of a car each and every one of those audience members had to claim income from those cars. Some of those audience members' financial lives were really messed up because of it.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Oprah can take a flying suck at my ass....she doesn't need donations for her pet charities, she is a billionaire.

John is very cool though. He has a big heart and seems like a genuine guy.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Where do you think the 1,000,000.00 came from? Bon Jovi's own pocket or some organisation behind him, using Bon Jovi as the front end?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky
                  What they don't tell you is that with that gift of a car each and every one of those audience members had to claim income from those cars. Some of those audience members' financial lives were really messed up because of it.
                  Ah. I guess it's pretty much the same as when you win on any game show, you have to declare it. Like when that Richard Hatch guy won the million dollars on Survivor... he didn't pay taxes on it and said he didn't know he had to, now he's doing prison time.

Comment

Yeah, 51 months!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They didn't "have" to accept the gift....... People are just fuckups and grab whatever they can and worry about it later.....go ahead, say it aint' true.....bitter? possibly......
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah, up to $7K in taxes!

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/22/news...r_tax/?cnn=yes

Guess Pontiac's gambit didn't pay off:

http://brandautopsy.typepad.com/bran...ntiac_g6_.html

Here's a pretty funny review of that particular Oprah episode:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep13.html

Comment

Blame the government for the taxes. They could always refuse the car. Or they could have flipped it, payed the taxes, and made some money. The taxes may have taken the bloom off the rose of winning a new car, but I find it hard to believe that people got fucked with no way out.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                            Blame the government for the taxes. They could always refuse the car. Or they could have flipped it, payed the taxes, and made some money. The taxes may have taken the bloom off the rose of winning a new car, but I find it hard to believe that people got fucked with no way out.
                            ok, so you said it a hell of a lot better than I did, my friend
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                              but I find it hard to believe that people got fucked with no way out.
                              Last sentence of my first link:

"The Harpo Spokeswomen said winners had three choices. They could keep the car and pay the tax, sell the car and pay the tax with the profits or forfeit the car."

Read my links!!

Comment

Working...
                              X