My cat got hurt real bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cat got hurt real bad

Today while I was at work, my husband called me and told me Fred (our cat) showed back up after being gone for 1 1/2 days...then he told me the bad news. My husband found him on the stairs going up to our house at the hotel, his back by his tail had a HUGE hole in it, and he couldn't move his back legs. He's at the vets office for the night, they are pumping him full of antibiotics, but the vet says it doesn't look good. His back may be broken. The X-rays are "inconclusive" it doesn't appear to be broken, but he can only move his front 1/2. Tomorrow we will know more. They are running more tests. I'm glad (yet not) that I wasn't home to find him, he is such a cool cat...but I won't let him suffer. Please keep your fingers crossed. I know he's just a cat, but he's mine.

Jeri

wow, that's awful Jeri. All the best to your little buddy. I hope everything works out for him.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh, Jeri. I hope your cat will be ok. They are such awesome animals. I will be a total basket case if something ever happens to Suto.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's awful.

My cat had the EXACT same thing. A huge gaping hole in the back of his right thigh, and a broken back + pelvis. He was a fighter and pulled through. His back was deformed and his tail was completely paralyzed, his backlegs never functioned too properly either anymore. But all in all he didn't mind that at all and went about his business.

Needless to say he never got over it completely and at the same time as the car-hitting-accident the vet also diagnosed him with leukemia and said he would die anyways within a month. Well he didn't and survived and lived with the aforementioned defects to his body.

Eventually something got the better of him though (leukemia, disease, I don't know) but he started spiralling down pretty fast and one day we found him laying dead in our backyard, thin as a skeleton, skin over bones.

I gave him a decent burial. The little guy was a fighter!

One day we were at a friends house watching the full solar eclipse, the friend had a jack russel and he was telling us how a little black kitten was running around his garden for about a week now and how the jack russell would go after it and try and get it.

We leave and go to my grandmothers house for a quick stop, when we leave there to go home we hear a meeowing coming from somewhere, eventually we popped the hood and there was a little black kitten, all filthy and obviously malnutrioned to the bone hiding between the tire and the carbody, hanging onto nothing but the tyre's spring! We'd driven a good couple of miles, so he must have clinged on for life. He fled up there trying to escape the jack russell. We took him home and gave him lots of food and really took care of the little guy, anything that fights that hard deserves to live and have a good live, imho! It was the first time we ever had a cat, btw.

We called him 'Bailey' because at a full solar eclipse, right before the moon totally covers the sun, you can see a sharp, narrow ring of light around the outline of the moon and a larger piece of light, appearing like a diamond. This phenomenon is called Bailey's ring, so we named him after that.

In the end he was with us for about 4 years, until that entire car/disease thing happened.

I definitly understand what you're going through. I feel you should not let him suffer either, but first see if he wants to fight and live and if it seems at all human (he's not in too much pain), try and give him a chance!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

So sorry to hear that.
          Hope the kitty can make a full recovery.
          Lola is sitting next to me here, sorta looks like Fred.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Jeri. I hope he gets well soon.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I know he's just a cat, but he's mine.
              They're never just a cat or dog. They're part of the family. I'd absolutely die if something happened to my baby.

I hope everything works out for Fred.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

That's awful Jeri. I hope he either pulls through, or doesn't suffer much.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Aww, sorry to hear. Hope the little guy pulls through and recovers.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh NO!!! Oh poor Fred!
                    I hope he'll be okay, sending tons of good mojo.

Hugs,
                    Em

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                      They're never just a cat or dog. They're part of the family. I'd absolutely die if something happened to my baby.

I hope everything works out for Fred.
                      I meant he's just a cat to some, not me...He's such a great cat, totally laid back, he's been such a positive (sp?) member of our family...I call him my comic relief most times....
                      Thank you all for your comments/thoughts/etc. You guys have been and are a great part of my life...thanks.

Comment

Hopes and saying prayers for your baby..........
                        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I hope your little guy pulls through.

Comment

Fingers crossed for Fred, Jeri! It really rips your heart out when something happens to a pet. They're so innocent, much like children and really are a part of the family. Good thoughts coming your way for a complete recovery. Take care.
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Fuck.... I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that everything turns out ok.
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X