Remember that "watch" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that "watch" thread?

I can't find it, but here is a picture of the Rolex I was asking about. Better late than never?

Please let me know what other pictures you guy need to tell me if this is real or a fake. I can't get closer and keep it in focus, but I can take higher res pictures and email them to you. Let me know the email address to send them to.

The watch has been in storage for over 10 years, and currently doesn't function. Anyone know of watch repair places in the Cincinnati area?

Thanks,

Don

From the pic it is impossible to tell. However, if it is an 18k Prez, it will have small proof stamps in several places...they look like little shields or coats of arms and will say 18k on them. Also, it should be signed all over Rolex. Is the back a screw on or a snap on? Do you hear any noise when you gently shake it, like a rotor moving? Is it heavy? It should feel like a boat anchor. Real 18k gold is heavy.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Mike,

I don't see any markings on the watch (other than on the face). Don't know how to get the cover off, it looks like it would screw off with some sort of special tool. No noises that I can remember, and it's not "boat anchor" heavy. I'm guessing it's a fake, but when I get home I'll weigh it and look closer for markings.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to check for.

Thanks,

Don

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52951

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
          The watch has been in storage for over 10 years, and currently doesn't function. Anyone know of watch repair places in the Cincinnati area?
          Don
          If it's a real Rolex, the best place is to take it (mail it) to a genuine Rolex repair place, of which there are like 1 or 2 in the U.S. I hear these place aren't cheap, like in the $100s for cleaning, and more if it needs work.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I could tell you in 5 seconds if it was real..if I could just see it in person.

Ahh, just take it to a Rolex dealer and ask them. Can't lose and you will find out in a minute.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Here's a link I found ... you know, on google

http://www.iq-enterprises.com/pages/...or_replica.htm

-a

Comment

Working...
              X