• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Guitar stores

I'm heading to the big city of Detroit for a few days,
    any one know of any good guitar stores that I could
    check out?

Well, I know of two good ones. One is Joes Music. Not very big but well stocked. It's on Gratiot between 9 and 10 mile on the west side of the street. Its actually the place where Reverend Guitars got their start. Another nice and big one is Motor City Music but it's a little farther west of the city. It's on the corner of M-59 (Hall Rd) and Crescent Lake Rd. It's in an old Movie theater and there is tons of stuff in there. Unfortunately it's about 6-7 miles west of Pontiac so it's a drive. Hope this helps. If you feel like slumming, there's a Guitar center on the East side of Gratiot between 13 and 14 mile. Also there's Junkyard guitars on Woodward, north of I696 and I think it is also between 13 and 14 mile road, been awhile.

Comment

Motor City is the best place I've been to. I haven't seen Joe's Music. The guitar center I went to (Southfield) had very good service but nothing special as far as selection

Comment

WOW, thanks man,
        I'll be sure to post if I pick up anything.

Comment

Ah gentlemen... check out Huber Breeze music on Groesbeck, just south on 14 mile. It is on the east side of the road. They have tons of high end stuff in there... Jacksons, CS Gibsons and Fenders, Soldano, Bogner, etc... Very good selection.

Motor City is very cool as well, though it is similar to GC in that the stuff on the floor has been put through the ringer. They do have a huge selection though, better than GC, and the staff are all musicians.

Joe's has good stuff too. The owner is a drummer in a co-workers band. If you are interested in the Randall modular stuff, they have one of each model in stock, as well as a great selection of modules. The amps are in a separate room, so you can wring them out a bit too.

Comment

Hey you Detroit area folk...is Wonderland Music still open in Dearborn or Marshall Music in Allen Park? I used to go to those when lived there a long ass time ago
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Unfortunately Shawn, Wonderland has gone downhill. I was in there about four years ago and everything they had was pretty much garbage.

Oh yeah... I made a mistake in my previous post. Huber Breeze is NORTH of 14 mile, not south.

http://www.huberbreese.com/

Comment

This is what came home with me...
                4X12 recto cab, sounds great.

Last edited by Josh Jackson; 07-05-2006, 08:30 PM.

Comment

nice one!
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Where did you end up getting it from?

Comment

Working...
                    X