Carbon Fiber guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Fiber guitars?

This just popped into my head, but I'm sure others have thought of it before.

Anybody heard or played one?

Here's a review of a Rainsong acoustic: http://www.proaudioreview.com/musici...rainsong.shtml

Here's a company that makes electrics out of CF & wood:
    http://www.rockmaceguitars.com/about.htm

(notice the Rhoads copy)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

In the future, fett will be a multi-millionaire because people will pay huge money for a real "wood" guitar, even if it's plywood LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      Anybody heard or played one?
      Briefly. I *love* Rainsongs, ditching my Ovation Elite 6 in favor of a Rainsong has been on the "to do" list for some time now.

And don't forget Adamas, the granddaddy of all carbon fiber topped acoustics.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hasn't Parker been doing that for years? I really like the Fly, just too expensive for me right now

Comment

I haven't played any guitars with this kinda stuff, but I have played a few Modulus basses with graphite / CF necks. Those were some of the most amazing basses I've ever played. The action was flawless.

-a

Comment

I've played several RainSongs, and I like them and have been planning to get one for a long time now. I don't think they sound as good as most Taylors, but they do sound very clear and full, the playability is very good, and they are supposed to be tough as nails.

Comment

my brother has one. dont know the brand, but it was pretty expensive. it sounds great though! He bought one so he could take it to Iraq with him and not worry about fucking it up. It really does sound good for a piece of carbon fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                Hasn't Parker been doing that for years? I really like the Fly, just too expensive for me right now
                I thought I remembered that, too, so I did some quick googling before starting this thread....I found that while Parker necks are composite material, their bodies are light maple or mahogany (I think).

Comment

The bodies and necks are wood with a composite covering over the entire neck and the back of the body on Parkers. I think they're the best non-custom thing out there right now

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                    In the future, fett will be a multi-millionaire because people will pay huge money for a real "wood" guitar, even if it's plywood LOL!
                    What did I ever do to you?:ROTF: It's like "Real Cheese". Comes in different flavors; different aging and way different prices. I am going to find a vintage "Velveeta" that will make your custom-made "Bries" stink up the joint.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                      The bodies and necks are wood with a composite covering over the entire neck and the back of the body on Parkers. I think they're the best non-custom thing out there right now
                      +1
                      I agree they are really cool, I have played one briefly....but I wanted to know if there is an "all carbon fiber" electric on the market.

Comment

Modulus also makes carbon fiber necks. http://www.modulusguitars.com/v2/products/index.html
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Woody, me, asks why would you want a carbon fiber body? I want my next guitar body made of Kevlar.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

These guys have been using the stuff for a while too: http://www.vigierguitars.com/ Would love a Marilyn!
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                            X