help! I want to join a band...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! I want to join a band...

So I've decided I wanna get in touch with a metal band that I really really like, they have two albums out and have gotten really good critics for them. But more importantly, I really dig the music. I don't have any illusions about money and fame, I just want to play with good musicians who make music I like.

They are only a 3-piece right now, so I feel I could contribute a lot to their live sound as I am both a steady guitar player and pretty good with vocals too, so I'm thinking I would fill the rhythm/harmony parts really good.

But I don't know how to contact them properly, so they won't think I'm some jerk who doesn't know how to play and just wants to get rich or whatever!

I know you went through kinda the same thing with your new band John?

Should I send them a demo? Call up the frontman? I don't have any relevant band resume...
    Just give me some directions! Thanks

call the managment company. it should be on their website or in one of their CD liners. start there. good luck!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81
      So I've decided I wanna get in touch with a metal band that I really really like, they have two albums out and have gotten really good critics for them. But more importantly, I really dig the music. I don't have any illusions about money and fame, I just want to play with good musicians who make music I like.

They are only a 3-piece right now, so I feel I could contribute a lot to their live sound as I am both a steady guitar player and pretty good with vocals too, so I'm thinking I would fill the rhythm/harmony parts really good.

But I don't know how to contact them properly, so they won't think I'm some jerk who doesn't know how to play and just wants to get rich or whatever!

I know you went through kinda the same thing with your new band John?

Should I send them a demo? Call up the frontman? I don't have any relevant band resume...
      Just give me some directions! Thanks
      That's actually a great way to get into a band. Tell THEM it would be in THEIR best interest to hire you, because you would bring a lot to the table. (no sarcasm)
      Try their management first...and maybe they will put you in touch with someone in the band.

Comment

Learn their tunes... at least their current set list.... If they're local to you, try to talk to them at a gig or email them... they should be pretty easy to get a hold of if you're clever... do they have a myspace, or email links for the band on their website? Check out their label's forums, see if they have an official forum.

I'd avoid going to their management... use that as a last resort.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yeah, I thought I'd learn the songs on the 2 albums first of all so I have something to show, then get in touch with the guy who runs the band!
          thanks for the replies!

Comment

Welcome (heh)

Comment

I have the same idea for a band I like. I know most of their songs, old and new. I love 99% of their stuff and feel I could fit in musically in the band...

Anyone know how to contact King Diamond?
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Sure!

Diamond Ent.
                P.G.Ramms All頶6. 5th.
                Copenhagen 2000F
                DENMARK
                Ph: +45 3888 0258
                Fx: +45 38102322
                E-mail: [email protected]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe meet up with them at a gig or something and pass a demo of your playing off to them. Don't be offended if they reject it or say they're not interested, there are plenty of bands that prefer just to stick with what works.

What band?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

Sure!

Diamond Ent.
                    P.G.Ramms All頶6. 5th.
                    Copenhagen 2000F
                    DENMARK
                    Ph: +45 3888 0258
                    Fx: +45 38102322
                    E-mail: [email protected]

:ROTF: I knew that. I was just being silly... Imagine that, huh?
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I prefer to keep it to myself for now, they'll be playing a couple of European festivals this summer and won't be back in Norway until August, so I'll probably go see them then.

Comment

Working...
                      X