Hmm... Neighbors! What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... Neighbors! What to do?

The cove I live in is pretty cool. No one really fucks around, no busy bodies to speak of and I'm on good terms with them all.

BUT! On one side of me the old guy died several months ago. his trees and bushes have always been a problem. We can't even park in my driveway because limbs and sap drips off the trees onto our cars.

On the other side the woman has shitty wild trees in her yard that shadows my backyard and kills my grass making my yard look like shit.

Behind me are these filthy 3rd world fucks that captures wildlife in their backyard... Yes they catch birds and other critters and cooks them on some sort of grill.

We used to have rat problems because of it, but a little "act right" tossed over the fence cut most of their crap out...

Now my neighbor lady next to me has a wild tree growing too close to my house and I do believe it's actually on my property. Problem is that thing will royally fuck up my foundation as well as cause structural to my house in just a very short time.

She has expressed concern over these unsightly and problem causing trees and does not want them cut down or even trimmed!

I'm probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet until my fur is stroked the wrong way, then I'll be a nightmare waking up all over someone's ass. I don't want problems with anyone considering how loud I am. I am a serious hell raiser and will be going full force at all hours of the night and morning with a 1000 watts of PA cranked!

No one has ever said anything, which is way cool, but my problem is if I act like a dick over all of this snake, rat and property damage causing shit someone will start causing shit for me and I can't stress enough how much I loathe cops knocking on my door.

I'm thinking about just killing the wild tree that compromises my property and taking my chances with disturbance complaints rather than let it go and spend tons of cash on repairs.

Ok, end rant!
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Contact either your city's code enforcement office

http://www.cityofmemphis.org/framework.aspx?page=318

or the police and see if they have a "Problem Oriented Patrol" Division.
    Last edited by RacerX; 06-11-2006, 05:27 AM.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, forget the cops, it seems your city doesn't even have a POP....looks like it has more important things to worry about:

http://www.cityofmemphis.org/framework.aspx?page=229

Comment

Well, considering how much I loathe cops knocking on my door, suffice it to say I'm not a caller of the cops myself.

The city had just been called on another situation regarding a water leak from another house that's been going on for 2 years. Doesn't appear anything is happening with that.

This city is fuckd! Considering who's running it it's no wonder it hasn't burned yet.
        Last edited by St.James; 06-11-2006, 05:57 AM.

Comment

UH, YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

Comment

This might not help any, as I'm in the UK, but anyway: Over here, if a neighbour's tree is overhanging your property, you're allowed to cut it back to your boundary line, as long as you return all the bits you've cut off back to the owner of the tree.....(i.e. dump the crap back over the fence)
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The tree next to my bedsit's window is seriously overgrown. Nearly got slapped in the face as I hung out having a smoke. I know the landlord isn't gonna do any trimming, so I just grabbed one of the branches and snapped the fucker off. And I'll keep doing it til he gets the message.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The thing about my situation is I have already had a pipe under my house busted by by a huge tree root. I had to have my carpet ripped up and a trench dug in my foundation from the the middle of the living room all the way back to the kitchen to have the pipe repaired.

That wasn't cheap and insurance didn't want to pay for much of it.

I have no trees in my yard anymore, but I'm still lucky enough spend hours a week cleaning leaves out of my gutters and raking the yard. After thinking about it I may actually call the city and see if they have any advice about all of this.

Comment

Change your buildings/contents insurer. If the council owns the land, kick their asses til they can't stand up.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                  X