Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gig tomorrow

hey people

i go to this music school here in Canada and now at the end of the year there are performences .. most ppl play the usual crap like 9th symphony, titanic and all other famous songs for recitals

what my teacher decided to do is take me, another student of his (rythem guitar) and a drummer and we are gonna play in that recital.. the teacher is gonna sing and do bass

the songs we're playing are

we all die young - steel dragon
    livin the life - steel dragon

the thing is.......... i never met the band, never praticed with them.. its suppose to be some sort of a catch u know.. "blind band" we all meet backstage for the first time and we got like 1.5-2 hours to practice (with no amps backstage) before its our turn
    but we all know our parts very well.. played a lot with the teacher during class and with the recordings.. should turn out good .. the teacher does this every year and it turned out well so theres no reason for it not too :P

the stage isnt that big but not small either.. medium sized but we're using frikin 30 watt fenders.. we have to crank the shit outta them and i dont think its gonna sound pretty .. hopefull it will sound decent with distortion pedal

anyway do you think its gonna work out? i mean i'm lead guitar.. i was playing guitar for only about a year but i know these songs perfectly.. if the drummer keeps a constant beat then i'm good..

so.. its tomorrow.. and i dont feel that nervous pressure yet.. and i usually get nervious a lot.. maybe it will come tomorrow

thats it... had to share it with you.. hope im gonna kick ass 2morrow with my DK2 pile o' skulls.. should look good on stage .. wish me luck and any tips?

maybe string change? well i think its too late for that one.. hope the guitar doesnt give out on me
    Last edited by MichaelLitvak; 06-09-2006, 10:18 PM.
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

All I can say is good luck and enjoy. Do your best and it will turn out fine. If not, just think how many didn't do what you did. Taking chances is what music is all about.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Sounds like a blast. Have fun and go for it.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

nice, go for it man, just play your ass off.

I hope to announce similar some time soon as well.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Have fun and relish the moment.It's your first gig.Enjoy it!Good luck!................
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Will there be any video? Or pics at least? Should be cool - good luck!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Will there be any video? Or pics at least? Should be cool - good luck!
              yep there will be a video

man.. they just wanna make more and more money

they don't let people bring their own video cameras, they have a professional camera crue video taping the whole event and then selling on dvd .. there is an option to buy just my part without the rest of the bs..

hopefull my dad or one of my friends will sneak in with a digital camera

thansk for your support ppl
              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

just worry about the playing aspect. don't sweat the sound aspect since it is out of your control. if you know the songs, then rest easy. odds are the other guys know them too. "blind" band situations can be fun but have a lot of stress attached to them....a lot like playing session dates. i have played a lot of sessions of the years and i will tell you this, if you know your part, everything should flow!!

good luck and rock out!!!! have FUN...that's what making music should be about anyway!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Good luck dude! If you guys already know the tunes front and back and have 1.5 to 2 hours of practice...that's plenty.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                  X