Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green beer bottles make beer taste better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fosters?

I don't mind beer in a can. Considering that I can buy a 30 pack of the same beer for the price of a carton of 24 bottles, I can bear the slight change in taste. After the first couple, I don't notice anyway.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
      Rolling Rock was just bought by Bud-Nasty-Weiser and is closeing the plant in Latrobe,PA. and moving it to New Jersey. Nothing against NJ, but I won`t ever buy another Rolling Rock again, that is just uncool. I have hated Budweiser beer from the first one, just plain sweet and nasty I love Guiness and Bass Ale and many micro brews from small towns all over the world. For a high production beer, Labatt`s is pretty good, especially in the hot summer. Jack.
      Yeah i work for budweiser and most of us were not too happy abut them closing the plant there. I think rolling rock is nasty shit but hey. it sells pretty good and that's more money in my pocket. Personally i'm a company man. I won't go near anything unless it is an AB product. Just because i see what other companies do and how they do business. Believe me. If you saw some of the fucked up shit other companies do and how they screw the consumer you think a bit differently as well. Miller and coors are the worst ones but some of the import companies are not all that far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
        Fosters?
        Yeah, isn't that a delicacy down in Australia?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you ever see that skit (can't remember if it was a movie, tv show, or what) where these guys in a French restaurant were feeding the tourists disgusting stuff & telling them it was the height of sophisticated French cooking?

"hey man, I just told them snails are a French delicacy - I can't believe they're actually eating that shit. hehehe"

Fosters is the same. No one in Australia was drinking the stuff, so we shipped it all to the US.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
            you ever see that skit (can't remember if it was a movie, tv show, or what) where these guys in a French restaurant were feeding the tourists disgusting stuff & telling them it was the height of sophisticated French cooking?

"hey man, I just told them snails are a French delicacy - I can't believe they're actually eating that shit. hehehe"

Fosters is the same. No one in Australia was drinking the stuff, so we shipped it all to the US.
            A friend of mine recently married an Australian girl, and she said the same thing. "You guys drink Fosters?, Yuck!"

Personally I don't mind it. It's better in bottles than cans though. I don't know why cans taste different. The beer doesn't actually touch the aluminum, because the cans are coated with some kind of lacquer on the inside.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

first to the color theory
              we germans think that brown bottles are the best (at least i know nobody that thinks otherwise)

[QUOTE=zeegler]...
              I wish we got more German beers over here. It seems the bulk of imported stuff is British, and then a whole bunch of various Dutch, Belgian, Polish, German, South African, Australian, Brazilian, etc...

The German beers we do get are mostly middle of the road beers like Becks, and then some weisse beers, which are good, but I get tired of them pretty quick.

The same goes with most of the imported beers we get. Lot's of boring pilsners (don't get me wrong, I still like them), and wheat beers/blonde beers, whatever you want to call them. .../QUOTE]

importing them is not the way to go
              you must come here and taste them
              all the "export" labels are much to sweet for my taste, really not what i like

i`d say nothing can beat a good old brown fat bottled "Augustiner Münchner Hell"
              you just order "ein Helles" in Munich and in 90% you get an Augustiner, the best you ever tasted

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                Neither do I, because it's Cherry Wheat.
                Raspberry beers are good too, but it's hit or miss. In my experience it's been more miss than hit.

Indianapolis had a brewery called Wildcat Brewerey (I think I still have the hat) and they made an excellent raspberry wheat. The first time I had it I was drinking it out of huge steins. The next time I went to this brewery, I didn't know what they called these big steins, so I ordered a "growler". At the time I didn't know that a growler was a half gallon jug of beer. When the waitress brought it out to me, I was surprised to say the least. I just looked at her and said, "I'm gonna need a glass too."

There was an excellent Raspberry Beir from a microbrewery called Cherryland Brewery in Door County, WI. (the Cherry Rail was excellent too) I was up there with my girlfriend at the time and her family. Her dad and I continued drinking this stuff like it was water. A couple years later I found some of it in bottles in a brewery in the Northwest Suburbs. I immediately bought out all their stock. Sadly, they closed and I have never found a Raspberry beer like it again.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

There is a local micro that does a strawberry wheat, and to be honest, it's really not bad. My and a friend were drinking a pitcher of it at a local bar, and the cute waitress was telling us that normally, only girls drank it. Yeah, she was kidding around, but not entirely. I liked it, but I wouldn't make a habit out of drinking it.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"i`d say nothing can beat a good old brown fat bottled "Augustiner Münchner Hell"
                    you just order "ein Helles" in Munich and in 90% you get an Augustiner, the best you ever tasted"
                    um....check my avatar
                    augustiner is fine, though. a tad too sweet, perhaps.
                    to me, a good beer should not be too sweet, but also not too bitter. kinda like less sweet than an augustiner/distelhäuser, but not as bitter as e.g. oettinger.
                    and of course, it must not taste watery, like becks

Comment

Yer all wrong.....the best beer around is the one that is bought for me ina round cuz I'm a fuggin cheap bastid.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Yup. I vote for Rolling Rock (green bottle).

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver
                          Yup. I vote for Rolling Rock (green bottle).

I never cared for it. I grew up not too far from Latrobe and tried it many times before it became popular nationally. I'm pretty sure it was only available in cans (or kegs) back then, which didn't help things!
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I always pick up a couple of cases of Rolling Rock when we go down to the States. 1 to drink there, and one to bring back home!
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                            X