My Roommate likes to save money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Roommate likes to save money

He's been on vacation for the last 2 weeks, so I decided to clean shit up a little .. starting with the fridge and food on the shelves. We have seperate shelves, so I don't really care too much about what he does with his food, but a cryptic stench started eminating from the kitchen area, and some insects started appearing as well.

So what we have here is all of the shit I've piled up that is expired, rotten, covered in mold, festering, laden with insects, or otherwise completely inedible. Some of this stuff expired like 3 years ago. A lot of it hadn't even been opened yet.

It filled 3 hefty bags, and weighed probably 100 lbs total.

And this is a guy who will do anything to save a penny. So he'll buy 4 gallons of milk at CostCo because it's SO MUCH CHEAPER than the grocery store ... drink 1 gallon, and have 3 gallons expire.

His most recent GENIUS money-saving technique is his realization that his clothing lasts longer if he runs smaller loads. So now he does a load of laundry every day with 2 or 3 items per load at a time.

-a

I'm a cheap mo fo when it comes to living and all too, but that's insane! Tell him Ramen Noodles - 8 for a dollar sometimes at Pathmark. That's the shit ya stock up on, not milk

Comment

Haha, I've sadly eaten ramen noodles all three meals today, but by choice not necessity.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Love the gallon jug of soy sauce

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
          Cryptic Stench

Great band name!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
            Love the gallon jug of soy sauce
            Soy isn't food, it's what food eats.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Eh, looks more like 48 oz, BTW does soy sauce go bad?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                Eh, looks more like 48 oz, BTW does soy sauce go bad?
                It had mold all over the cap, you tell me :ROTF:

-a

Comment

What's in the can with no label?

Comment

Nice Zwilling block
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

He's gonna be pissed, Ho!

Comment

My wife employs a similar approach to buying groceries...which is why *I* do all of our grocery shopping. In her case, the problem is that she would overestimate how much food two people can actually go through in a given period of time...a gallon of this, a family-sized package of that. I accuse her of having been a frat boy in a previous life, as I've also caught her doing the "sniff test" to determine if certain clothes are clean or not. I do the laundry, just to be sure.

Damn, I'm a French maid outfit away from being the perfect housewife!
                        sigpic

Comment

He's going to accuse you of eating all of his treasures that he was saving for a rainy day LOL!

Comment

Nice Knives, Henckel Pro S.
                            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

When I married my wife she bought everything in the smallest quanity she could find. It took me years to finally show her that when you do that it cost about 3x as much.

I'm not for the super jumbo box-o-crap, but when you buya 4oz jar of mayo, come on............

Comment

Working...
                              X