Yngwie TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBreinin
    Tomorrow night is Nevermore and In Flames and I can't find anyone to go with me...I
    Can't go by yourself? Or is it a designated driver thing? I go to shows solo quite a bit.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Becker>Malmsteen

Comment

I am excited, I am bringing my GF since she seems to like Randy's somewhat Neo-Classical stylings....it is time for her to see the TRUE NEOCLASSICAL shredder!!!!

I hope he tears our fucking faces off!!
        I'll bet you he does. Bring some earplugs for you both though. I saw him about a month after I saw Vai a few years back, and Yngwie was sooo fuckin' loud, I was really torn between a need to maintain my spot two rows back in front of his stacks, or to run out & pour water in my ears.

ps. if you like souvenirs, I think the guy threw out so many picks into the crowd that just about every there that wanted one, got one. Still got mine!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DenimBrigade
          Becker>Malmsteen
          maybe Mike should forget about taking the missus and go buy tickets for Jason's show instead then?

Jason was a great guitarist, but what the hell is the point of your post?

pull your head in.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

C'mon Mike, give us the review.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a showman, what an entertainer.....what a ROCKSTAR!

You know, it was SO loud that I could barely even tell what the hell he was playing, but it didn't matter...starting with the wall of stacks (16 pexi heads in his backline, not all on of course), the American and Swedish flags proudly displayed, the Scuderia Ferrari prancing horse in the back...to all of the posturing, the facial expressions, the guitar spinning, the machine gun fire of picks flying into the audience...what a SHOW!!

I was just blown away, the place was packed, so I didn't get a pick...everyone was pumped and throwing the horns...shit, even Yngwie was throwing the horns!!

I have never in my life seen someone go through as many picks (his tech had to replace his pick strip 5 times) and guitars. He must have switched guitars on every song....wild.

And the playing? Well, let's say that Yngwie released an assault of molten metal and just spewed it all over the crowd. As Bill would say, it was like metal Bukkake!!

He was just SICK....what a blast. Don't miss Yngwie, he is the real deal.

Here is a pic I snapped:

Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I saw Yngwie a couple of weeks ago. The guy frustrates the hell out of me... He is probably one of the most talented guitar players on the planet. He has complete control of the instrument, technically and physically... his bending and vibrato are always spot on. But, I think he overdoes it. Personally, I wish he would lay back a bit and play more in the pocket... Maybe play some rhythm... and get away from his strictly improvisational approach to soloing and compose them. IMO the guy has the ability to play some of the most beautiful, firey, technically perfect solos and songs you've ever heard. I think he overdoes the "guitar hero" thing, though I do appreciate that he'll give ya your money's worth during his performance.

I was also dissappointed in the FOH sound. I was back a bit and everything was very loud and muddy. When the whole band was playing, I'll bet he could have hit half the notes he had to and noone would have noticed.
                Last edited by khabibissell; 05-27-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a Killer show Mike! Curious though, What`d the girlfriend say?..lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal
                    Sounds like a Killer show Mike! Curious though, What`d the girlfriend say?..lol
                    Oh, she loved it...really, she thought Yngwie was a total hoot.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      did I tell ya or did I tell ya?
                      he fucks your shit up, every time! YJM!!

good pic BTW.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X