X-Men 3 - Just saw it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men 3 - Just saw it...

Super brief summary - Action movie with the X-Men in it.

Franchise, in my opinion, is raped pretty hard. They take a lot of liberties with it and really deviate away from the original concepts. Lesser important characters are given abilities that "look cool" or could be used for fighting. There is very little emphasis on the development of the characters, whereas the previous two movies had characters progressing nicely. I think this is a poor follow up to X2 in that sense.

Unfortunately, certain characters get very limited screen time (especially one in particular that played a big role in the first film, and a slightly lesser, yet still relevant role in the second). Major characters are killed off, unfortunately, and in one specific case, I feel that it is not done tastefully.

The whole movie, to me, has this general feel of being heavily cut down to the bare bones. It has a lot of the feeling / emotion cut out. Another aspect that causes trouble is the fact that the movie itself seems rushed to get to the end, only the plot ideas are really thrown out there and then the rest is just go go go. They bring in a lot of new characters but they totally fail to really focus in on developing the previous characters (or the new characters for that matter). So many talented actors that really could've been put to good use but they seem to be largely ignored... I wouldn't be surprised if some of the actors involved refuse to take part in future X-movies with the way their characters were pretty much pushed to the side. The movie was less for X-Men fans (like the first two by Bryan Singer) and more for the general public.

All this being said, I did enjoy the movie to a certain extent. Go in with low expectations (IE, Burger And Fries movie) and you won't be disappointed. If your a comic / X-Men fan just justify everything as being in a different universe and it will suppress that nerd rage.

DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!

That alone made the whole movie worth it.

Comment

I liked it...The ending scene after the credits was a cool add on too. Oh yah, stay for after the credits in case your going to see it

Comment

i'm not an xmen fan, but my son and i went to see it yesterday and liked it. with anything, if you're super into the movie subject, chances are you'll be disappointed.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper
          DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!

That alone made the whole movie worth it.

Don't you know who I am, I'm the Juggernaut Bitch. I will fuck you up Charles! What the fuck is this?

LMAO, I can watch that cartoon over and over.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I used to read the x-men comics and i really liked the movie. sure you could nitpick a lot of stuff (juggernaut was never a mutant), and it was definitely cheesy in parts, but i thought the climactic showdown between wolverine vs. i-won't-spoil-it was worth the price of admission.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
            X