ok... ok... went see Train...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok... ok... went see Train...

First of all the venue was Bass Performance Hall downtown Ft Worth. best place to see a concert period. (my first time there)

The band "Train" songs include... Drops of Jupiter, Calling all Angels, Ordinary from the spider man movie... among others. Heavily influenced by Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Bad Company.

Now for the show... guitarist Jimmy Stafford played PRS, Telecaster, Stratocaster semi-hollow thru a fender rig of some kind (didn't get a close look at it). Vocalist Pat Monahan is the best front man you've never heard of... the dude can flat out sing anything clearly and loud... amazing

Finally, they can flat out play... they also did some covers, Whole Lotta Love intro leading to Ramble On, Going to California, and closed the show with Dream On... all three tunes were probably the best versions I've ever heard. in closing if they come to your town go see them well worth the money.
    Last edited by semagic; 05-26-2006, 08:00 AM. Reason: title error
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

oh, I remember those guys. I think sully calls the singer "Soccer Dad" or something

The little I've seen of them, they seemed a solid band. Just not really my thing.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

My wife is a huge fan...
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I saw them last year in Salt Lake City. I was in town for the Novell Brainshare convention, Nerd Fest `05 if you will, and every year they hire mid-week entertainment. During other years (that I didn't attend), they've had Huey Lewis, Sammy Hagar and others.

Train wasn't the type of band I would pay to see, but they were still good. The only gear visible on the stage at Delta Center was a couple of combo amps as I recall.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought the lead singer was the son of Bob Dylan or someone...??? Or am I thinking about a different band?

Comment

That's Jacob Dylan of the Wallflowers. They are a great rock & roll band....
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Cool !! Train is playng at Microsoft Tech-Ed in Bostin next month so I will see them then !!

Comment

thanks G! it's nice to be remembered... to me, they've always seemed to be kings of secretary rock, but hey, they've sold more records than i have.

Originally posted by VitaminG
                oh, I remember those guys. I think sully calls the singer "Soccer Dad" or something

The little I've seen of them, they seemed a solid band. Just not really my thing.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

all in all... they don't seem to take themselves too seriously. just get the crowd involved, good stage lights, couple of cover songs and for them it works.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                  X